PDA

View Full Version : Uic cannot write output file

jobrandt
8th May 2007, 15:08
I have visual studio 2005 with sp1 and installed Qt Visual Studio Integration 1.2.2.
Whenever i add or change an element in the integrated Designer i get the attached message.
I am working as administrator and the directory has write permissions.
How can i avoid this message?

wysota
8th May 2007, 15:12
You probably have the file opened elsewhere (like in Visual Studio). Windows uses mandatory file locks which prevents other applications (like Designer) from overwriting them.

jobrandt
8th May 2007, 15:32
I have closed all tabs in VS 2005. Than i have closed VS and restarted it. When i open the AnalyseForm.ui and modify something i get the message again if open another file (like .h or .ui).
There is no other program that has access to the file (checked with processexplorer).

marcel
8th May 2007, 19:36
What about when using Designer? Do you get any error?
Have you checked the permissions on that folder?

chaimar
25th May 2007, 08:55
Hi,
you have to check the properties for that file in visual studio. Look at the path where the file is supposed to be. Most likely you don't have that directory and file. I think it is something with the integration. When you make a new form, the ui_file.h isn't made automatically. You can make that file(empty) in vs and save it where the properties say it is supposed to be. Then it should be fine.

Another solution is to run uic to create the missing file in the specified directory.

Hope it works fine for you.

Chaimar