PDA

View Full Version : Qt ZMQ binding

chandras002
9th May 2018, 20:05
Dear Qt community,

Cheers! Glad to be here! after long time. At the moment, i developing GUI with Qt creator (Qt4) in Ubuntu. New to Qt.
Main work in ZMQ and Zyre.(Non-GUI). i came to Qt part only for GUI. Now, how to "glue" front-end
with back end ZMQ /Zyre with C/C++ bindings.

Came to know about this library: https://github.com/jonnydee/nzmqt
The main question is - Is it cross plat from? or will it work on Linux well but Mac, Windows may have some issue?
Any one tried this library or any thoughts save our team's effort?

Many thanks :) / Have a nice day!

With regards,
chandra

d_stranz
10th May 2018, 17:58
The author of nzmqt has gone to a lot of trouble to provide extensive documentation for his library, including providing example applications. Have you looked at those?

From what I can see, the nzmqt code itself should be cross-platform because it is a Qt 4.8 binding. However, the problem will be with the dependencies, quoted here from the author's documentation:

So here is the complete list of dependencies:

Qt 4.8.x (or newer): You will need to download and install it yourself.
0MQ 3.2.x: You will need to download and install it yourself.
C++ binding for 0MQ: A script delivered with nzmqt will download the source code and appropriate version itself.

You will have to investigate 0MQ 3.2.x yourself to see if it is platform-independent. That is outside the scope of this forum.

chandras002
13th May 2018, 17:48
Dear D_stranz,

Got your info. Thanks for your reply and effort. Yes, I am aware the documentation and example.
Yes, it is should be cross-platform since 0MQ is cross platform.
>> C++ binding for 0MQ: A script delivered with nzmqt will download the source code and appropriate version itself.

Strangely the setup script file is missing on Github and download version of library.
I have raised this issue in nzmqt Github page.

Seems there is some issue on Windows part as well...
https://forum.qt.io/topic/54589/alternative-to-zeromq-nzmqt/6

Many thanks.

With regards,
chandra