PDA

View Full Version : How to add Button on Legend to enable/disable QwtPlotZoomer ?

npatil15
17th January 2019, 05:35
Hi Everyone,

I have working on graph, where I have using 2 vertical and 2 horizontal lines(Draggable and droppable along the graph).
Not if I enable QwtPlotZoomer then while dragging Lines on the graph QwtPlotZoomer takes control, so on that node dragging and zooming both comes into effect.
Here I want a small button or something on the Legend which help me to enable or disable QwtPlotZoomer, so that on dragging lines zooming should not work and vice versa.

ghorwin
17th January 2019, 11:02
Hi ??? [npatil15],

there's an easy way to avoid zooming while dragging - define an additional keyboard modifier to distinguish between dragging or zooming.

If you really want a button, simply create a new curve, make the line attribute NoLine and make the legend button reacting on mouse clicks (see explanation in QwtBook https://ghorwin.github.io/qwtbook/interaction/#auf-checkedunchecked-ereignisse-reagieren)

Bye,
Andreas

npatil15
17th January 2019, 13:23
Thanks ghorwin,

Yes by setting additional keyword will help but that's not the task.
And the link/knowledge you share it surely help me for my next task. But now I have some different pain.

Here I'm unable to add any linked instance, button or something like below code for QwtPlotZoomer, where I can click and do something for this clicked event.
(say setItemAttribute(QwtPlotItem::Legend, true);)

npatil15
21st January 2019, 13:03
Please anyone has any solution or suggestions over it ?

npatil15
22nd January 2019, 10:42
Hi ghorwin,

Can you just tell me how I can use ctrl to switch between zoom and dragging option ?
I don't understand properly how to use setMousePattern to enable plot zoomer.

Thanks

Added after 1 6 minutes:

I have done this, just for the reference I'll mention it here,

m_zoomer = new QwtPlotZoomer(QwtPlot::xBottom, QwtPlot::yLeft, m_plot->canvas());
m_zoomer->setMousePattern(QwtEventPattern::MouseSelect1,Qt:: LeftButton, Qt::ControlModifier);

:cool:

npatil15
24th January 2019, 12:40
Hi,

I'm facing issue regarding the same again,
I still need PushButton on legend, and other marker should not override on it.

I have done line this below,

QPushButton *detachLegendButton = new QPushButton("Toggle attached", m_legend->contentsWidget());

But here this button is come over one of the QwtPlotMarker.

Please suggest, how I can do that ?

npatil15
25th January 2019, 11:01
I have done it,
Answer is mention at the end of this post
https://www.qtcentre.org/threads/69942-QqtPlot-setAxisLabelRotation-doesnt-work-on-zoom-(QwtPlotMagnifier)?p=304315

:cool: