PDA

View Full Version : Phase 0.8

Brandybuck
12th May 2007, 20:56
I have released Phase 0.8 (http://www.usermode.org/code/phase-0.8.tar.bz2), a widget style for Qt4. This was previously a KDE3 style available with kdeartwork. It is now a pure Qt4 style. Phase is a clean, classical style. The code is simple and straightforward (as widget styles go), and is released under the very permissive MIT license.

p.s. There are still a few issues with Quartz under Mac OSX, but it works great under Unix, Linux and Windows.

wysota
12th May 2007, 22:17
Very nice! The only thing I don't like (after a short period of time playing around with the style) is the titlebar of docked QDockWidgets. The one from floating variant looks much better. And you could make more distance between the closing gadget and the border of the dock titlebar. Again, the distance is different (better) when floating.

Brandybuck
13th May 2007, 20:05
Very nice! The only thing I don't like (after a short period of time playing around with the style) is the titlebar of docked QDockWidgets. The one from floating variant looks much better. And you could make more distance between the closing gadget and the border of the dock titlebar. Again, the distance is different (better) when floating.
Do you mean you want a colored titlebar while docked? I tried that once and didn't like it personally. I can try it again, but this time with a "flat" bar. This would make it more like KDE3's Phase (if you have that). I'm also considering making the docked titlebar not look like a window titlebar (more like plastique, but not as busy).

wysota
13th May 2007, 21:12
Do you mean you want a colored titlebar while docked?
I mean the floating one looks better, not that it's perfect. Currently the docked bar looks raised - like a button and it might be confusing.

Brandybuck
13th May 2007, 21:21
I mean the floating one looks better, not that it's perfect. Currently the docked bar looks raised - like a button and it might be confusing.
Okay, I think I understand the problem now.