PDA

View Full Version : Need help

nirup
16th May 2007, 11:24
Hi Friends,

Is there any way i can learn QT C++ programing online or any other online links.

i have seen the online tutorials of QT in C++. however the problem what i am facing is that the platform what i use is in Visual C++ ( QT is integrated with VC++.. cross platform).... which is making me difficult to understan... or when i compare with the Examples of the tutorial.. like
connect(lcdRange, SIGNAL(valueChanged(int)),previousRange, SLOT(setValue(int)));

where in the VC++ them main program is written i a different tab.... so i find a bit difficult to unerstand.:confused:

The version of VC++ i am using is 8 and QT 4.2..

i am a kind of bignner. and i want to learn.

Any one who can help me in regard with this ... like the link n exampls where in i can lean QT 4.. with VC++

Thanking you in advance,

Nirup

wysota
16th May 2007, 11:27
The language is the same, only the code editor is different, so all tutorials, examples and guides are still valid. If you know Visual Studio, you should be able to work with it. If you don't know Visual Studio, Qt tutorials won't help you - learn your tool first.

nirup
16th May 2007, 11:35
thank you....

and can you suggest me any link or book... for the visual studio C++....
for the bignners...:)

wysota
16th May 2007, 12:09
http://www.google.com/search?q=visual+studio+book

high_flyer
16th May 2007, 12:12
for the visual studio C++....
For which? C++ or VisualStudio?
Those are two different things.
VisualStudio is a programming eviornment, with wihch you can program in various languages, including C++.
C++ is a programming language.
You can programm with C++ with out VisualStudio, and you can use VisualStudio without C++.
In order to program in C++ you need to know C++ first.
Then you can choose the tools of your choice to program with - VisualStudio would make sense on Windows, but its not the only choice.

nirup
16th May 2007, 12:49
i know C++ but i never tried it in Visual Studios....
so i need to know Visual C++....
Like.. is the style, same for all the programming languages in Visual Studio... like Visaul C#, Visual J# or so on...
so ia that i need to know Visual Studio or is it i need to lear VC++

high_flyer
16th May 2007, 13:30
In that case, learn to use visual studio as wysota said.

wysota
16th May 2007, 13:36
so i need to know Visual C++....
Like.. is the style, same for all the programming languages in Visual Studio... like Visaul C#, Visual J# or so on...
so ia that i need to know Visual Studio or is it i need to lear VC++

There is no "Visual C++" language. That's just a mambo-jambo from Microsoft to sell the same product under a different name. Visual C++ is just C++ compiled with Visual Studio compiler. So if you know C++ then you know "Visual C++" as well. Just learn to use the tool (Visual Studio) if you need it.