PDA

View Full Version : gcc and Qt 5.14

youngw
5th May 2020, 21:19
I am running CentOS 7 and installed qt 5.14.2. Currently, CentOS 7 runs gcc 4.8.5 and the supported platform of Qt 5.14 says specifically that it needs "GCC 5.3.1 via devtoolset-4"
I then tried to "yum install devtoolset-4" and devtoolset-4 is no longer available. (only devtoolset-7, 8, and 9 are available).
Can qt 5.14.2 use gcc 7? (The document did not say "GCC 5.3.1 and up")

ChristianEhrlicher
5th May 2020, 21:31
Even it does not say it it should be obvious that this is the minimum requirement.

ChrisW67
9th May 2020, 02:08
The table of versions you refer to shows that other Linux distros are supported with GCC 7 and 8 (because that's what they supply). The last entry states that generic Linux requires GCC 5 or later.
RHEL 7 ships by default with GCC 4.8.x, so this must be updated from default. I do not know what CentOS 7 ships by default but assume it is the same as RHEL.

The Qt continuous integration platform uses 5.3.1 as part of it reference configuration. It would take a serious backward incompatibility in a later GCC to make this an issue.

Works just fine with GCC 9.3.0 on my generic Linux boxen (i.e. Qt libraries can be built, and applications using Qt can be built).