PDA

View Full Version : QCoreApplication in not-Qt GUI

CPPProger
15th June 2020, 16:00
Friends, I'm yellow beginner in Qt. Tell me, please, is it possible to use QCoreApplication inside a non-GUI thread. I need to make the difficult asynchronous computing part of the application in C ++ (i use from Qt signals and slots, and sockets) and build a dynamic library. Then connect it to the JavaFX GUI application.

Can i to run Qt-code with QCoreApplication in non-main C ++ stream (std :: thread) or not? I see warning

QApplication was not created in main() thread

and it's alarming me.

Maybe there is an example of this kind of use of Qt: calculation in C ++ Qt and use it as a dynamic library in Java GUI?

Added after 4 minutes:

Friends, I'm yellow beginner in Qt. Tell me, please, is it possible to use QCoreApplication inside a non-GUI thread. I need to make the difficult asynchronous computing part of the application in C ++ (i use from Qt signals and slots, and sockets) and build a dynamic library. Then connect it to the JavaFX GUI application.

Can i to run Qt-code with QCoreApplication in non-main C ++ stream (std :: thread) or not? I see warning

QApplication was not created in main() thread

and it's alarming me.

Maybe there is an example of this kind of use of Qt: calculation in C ++ Qt and use it as a dynamic library in Java GUI?

Added after 45 minutes:

I try

Client * client = nullptr;
std::thread th
(
[&]
{
QCoreApplication app(argc, argv);
client = new Client;
return app.exec();
}
);

th.detach();
while(!client)
{
qDebug() << "nulptr";
QThread::usleep(1000);
}
client->setHostName("localhost");

and see

WARNING: QApplication was not created in the main() thread.
nulptr
nulptr
nulptr
QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is QSslSocket(0x7f4da80080c0), parent's thread is QThread(0x7f4da8000c60), current thread is QThread(0x56367f1e3ab0)

d_stranz
15th June 2020, 17:00
WARNING: QApplication was not created in the main() thread.

As the message says, you cannot create a QCoreApplication instance anywhere except in the main thread of a program. The program's main Qt event loop must run in the main thread. So you can't implement a DLL with a stand-alone Qt event loop unless you can implement the QCoreApplication in the main thread. And if you are able to do that, then all other Qt objects which are children of QCoreApplication or another QObject-based class that is created in the main thread must also be created in the main thread.