PDA

View Full Version : Google Speech to Text API??

amyacker
13th July 2020, 13:19
Hey Everyone,

Is there any way i can integrate google speech to text cloud and QT? I couldn't process streaming audio using cloud API. I searched google, but can't find any articles related to QT.

Any help?

d_stranz
13th July 2020, 16:09
Qt is just a set of C++ libraries. There is no magic there. If Google offers a speech-to-text development kit based on C++ libraries, then you can integrate that just as you would any other library into any other program. If Google's API is a web-based protocol, then Qt has an extensive set of classes supporting most web-based protocols.

What you need to be researching is connecting to the cloud service from a desktop application, not specifically using Qt for it.

amyacker
21st July 2020, 10:37
Qt is just a set of C++ libraries. There is no magic there. If Google offers a speech-to-text development kit based on C++ libraries, then you can integrate that just as you would any other library into any other program. If Google's API (https://www.folio3.ai/technology/google-speech-to-text-service/) is a web-based protocol, then Qt has an extensive set of classes supporting most web-based protocols.

What you need to be researching is connecting to the cloud service from a desktop application, not specifically using Qt for it.

Thanks, This is helpful.

ikswelin
14th August 2020, 17:33
Qt is just a set of C++ libraries. There is no magic there. If Google offers a speech-to-text development kit based on C++ libraries, then you can integrate that just as you would any other library into any other program. If Google's API is a web-based protocol, then Qt has an extensive set of classes supporting most web-based protocols.

Very much useful. Thank you very much for the help.