PDA

View Full Version : Calling a webservice

steg90
22nd May 2007, 15:29
Hi,

Has anybody called a webservice up from Qt? I've normally done this in the .NET environment which makes it very easy to do, also do this using java using AXIS.

Regards,
Steve

patrik08
23rd May 2007, 09:56
Hi,
Has anybody called a webservice up from Qt? I've normally done this in the .NET environment which makes it very easy to do, also do this using java using AXIS.
Steve

I dont know waht is .NET environment, if not cross-platform i dont like...

but i call many webservice client server ... waht exact you want to call....
wddx , xml-rpc, ssh, webdav, lua on c++r?

steg90
23rd May 2007, 10:40
You don't know what .NET is? Well, it isn't cross-platform.

I just want to call a webserver, usually over SOAP.

Regards,
Steve

high_flyer
23rd May 2007, 10:52
I don't know much about such netowork protocols, but if SOAP is "riding" on HTTP, then you should look up the QHttp class and co.
Ofcrouse, in general you will have to use the QTcpSocket for the connection it self.

wysota
23rd May 2007, 11:52
There are two entries in our contest related to XML-RPC. Maybe you should contact their authors and use their solutions instead of reinventing the wheel.

steg90
23rd May 2007, 11:55
Hi,

I don't want to re-invent the wheel, are the entries not doing that? XML-RPC been around for a very, very long time. I just wanted to know if QT supported any classes that made calling a webservice easier.

Kind regards,
Steve

wysota
23rd May 2007, 12:57
They are introducing XML-RPC support for Qt.

steg90
23rd May 2007, 13:03
Ok, sounds good, thanks.

alemark
17th December 2007, 18:29
Hi,

you might also want to take a look at this:
http://www.clausmark.com/feast_en.phtml

FEAST can also be used in a pure client role. The advantage over Qt SOAP is that is supports generating the client (and server) code based on the WSDL description (that you should get from the SOAP server). That way you don't have to worry about the details of the SOAP implementation. You will get a normal function that you can call from your client.
The generation of the SOAP envelope, serialization, de-serialization and mapping of Qt types to and from SOAP types are handled by FEAST.

/Niklas