PDA

View Full Version : QDevelop, a new IDE for Qt4

jlbrd
4th October 2006, 22:10
Not, it is not yet a new IDE for Qt4. As I recovered the domain name, QIde becomes QDevelop. New name, new site: accessible here: http://qdevelop.org.

Please do not use any more old the thread QIde.

krawek
4th October 2006, 23:36
well.... the next step is open a berlios/sourceforge project and USE the svn

cheers

xgoan
5th October 2006, 17:20
I'm using your IDE at work and at home, in linux and windows xp.

Do you want a translator to spanish language?

jlbrd
5th October 2006, 17:57
Yes with joy. Download the lasted version 0.20 unstable on http://qdevelop.org. Add a QDevelop_Spanish.ts then send me the (.ts) translated.

PS : If you prefer, I send it to you the (.ts).

Thank you

ChMaster
5th October 2006, 21:53
hi jlbrd,

i already said into another post, that you great work carry out. thanks again. :D

you have a subclass generator in your ide but i have little question.
can i create cusotm signals/slots with this widget/dialog? if not then add it, PLEASE PLEASE :p

i need this, then i had autoconnection slots .... *brrrrr*

jlbrd
5th October 2006, 22:05
Actually the subclassing dialog only permit the creation of autoconnect slots. With "normal" slots it's most complex because a signal can be in a class and the slot in other. But it was present in Designer 3, it is true.

ChMaster
5th October 2006, 22:31
yes is right, this was in qt3 designer included.

you do not have determine anything against it if i extend it?
this include many time for me .... (i try it and i give you a answer for this) ;)

note: sorry for my bad english .... :rolleyes:

jrideout
6th October 2006, 02:00
jlbrd, I just sent you a patch to move the tabs around (via email). Are you going to put QDevelop in a source control repository? I'd love to help out, but I am not a fan of patches.

The Qt code completion of known members is awsome!

Feature request: convert tabs to spaces like KDevelop can do.

Thanks for the great program!

jlbrd
6th October 2006, 06:52
Thank for your patch. I modified your code a little to allow the swap between tab in real time. My ftp server is down. I quickly puts the modified version.

For the svn, it's opened on http://code.google.com/p/qdevelop/ but it is necessary that I learn the svn to use it;) . Especially to authorize the modification by the other users.

QDevelop normally allow to replace tab by space. It's available on options dialog. It not do work?

ChMaster: Can you rewrite your last post because I don't understand. My English is bad too.

ChMaster
6th October 2006, 09:19
ChMaster: Can you rewrite your last post because I don't understand. My English is bad too.
i mean. i can change your subclassdialog in order to create costum signals/slots or so :)

you have say

With "normal" slots it's most complex because a signal can be in a class and the slot in other.

thats true, but nearly easy to realize :). i must study your code of subclass and then try it.

xgoan
6th October 2006, 10:10
Translated to Spanish :)

jlbrd
6th October 2006, 15:33
ChMaster: Yes modify my code to implement custom signal/slot :).

ChMaster
6th October 2006, 21:40
hehe, i try it and i must spend time for that ..... i let you know ...

jwintz
9th October 2006, 19:18
It seems QDevelop does not handle include() in project files. This can make it unusable for some projects ...

Very good work anyway :-)

jlbrd
11th October 2006, 07:47
Yes the project loader not understand all features of qmake project. Variables $$ and all functions as include() are not understand. But I will work on this.

Qdevelop project have now a svn always up to date and a users list used for general discussion about the using of QDevelop and to announce new versions.

ChMaster
11th October 2006, 17:09
Qdevelop project have now a svn
the svn modul not works, why use you google ..... *brrr* :)
why not use sourceforge or berlios?

note:
i have implemented to create custom signal/slot for subclass in subclass.ui and
subclassimpl.h/cpp (not complete). i test it this week and i give you a answer.
(write mail to you with patches or files)

note:
sorry for my very very bad english ;)

jlbrd
11th October 2006, 18:36
the svn modul not works, why use you google ..... *brrr*
I have just tried and it's work fine. Try with :

svn checkout http://qdevelop.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ qdevelop

The two formats if it's possible. It's better. Thanks

ChMaster
12th October 2006, 10:49
ok, works fine. (i have forgott to enable port on my router :))

thanks

vratojr
12th October 2006, 10:58
svn doesn't work for me too..:(
I got this error:

REPORT di '/svn/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request (http://qdevelop.googlecode.com)

Moreover, I QIde crashes on my computers!:(
I got this error:

#0 0x00002ad9395b0890 in QString::operator= () from /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.1.4/lib/libQtCore.so.4
#1 0x000000000041f9b5 in InitCompletion::initParse ()
#2 0x00000000004e4fd9 in TextEdit::open ()
#3 0x00000000004461f6 in Editor::open ()
When I try to open a .cpp file...:(

Simone

jlbrd
12th October 2006, 20:56
For the crash, try with QDevelop 0.20 available on server qdevelop.org. For the svn, if it not work, the .zip of 0.20 is always identical of the svn tree. But the svn work well, really.

EDIT: For svn, the path is : http://qdevelop.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

high_flyer
13th October 2006, 00:02
@jlbrd:
Just to let you (and every one else) know , that the trolls had a presentation at DevDays about IDE integration.
I'll post more about it in a sperate post, but I just want to say, that all though the trolls are working on an Eclipse plugin, (which they demonstrated) they still don't know when it will be released (don't hold your breth for it) and if its will be GPL.
I asked if they are planing to have a trolltech made IDE that will be used on all platforms - and the answer was - not in the visible future, but they are considering it.
Oh - and the CEO mantioned QIde as one of the altenatives that are out there today - so that should make you proud! :D
Buttom line - contenue the good work, you are filling an important gap here for Qt cross platform develpment tool - and you know now that the trolls are watching!.

jlbrd
13th October 2006, 13:56
Thank you for this information. Yes, I'm very happy that QDevelop is considering of an alternative to programming in Qt4. My goal is a tool unique for all platforms. Yes Eclipse is to compatible with all platforms but I want a tool who makes only Qt thus simpler, lighter and more rapid (perhaps :D ). And especially I like to develop it.

ChMaster
13th October 2006, 14:40
simpler, lighter and more rapid -> YES :p

BUUUTT .... QDevelop eats resources without end .... CPU Load very high (99%) if i scroll
in the text edit or use codecompletion or open a project ..... :crying:

a soultion is, why not use threads?

jlbrd
13th October 2006, 14:55
CPU Load very high (99%) if i scroll in the text edit
A little exaggerated, 26% when I scroll in textedit (with Athlon XP 2000).
For the loading of project, the duration is due to the parsing of classes to populate the classes browser. With 0.20 unstable available, when a project is closed, the content of class browser is saved in database symbols.db. With this database, the content is reloaded very quickly during the loading of the project.

ChMaster
13th October 2006, 15:14
ok 99% was very high sorry :o, i tested it and it's now ~30%.

but if i use codecompletion, the cpu load is 99% .....
i see you parse files if you open the project, thats right,
but i would use there threads on this or?

high_flyer
13th October 2006, 16:13
but if i use codecompletion, the cpu load is 99% .....
I gues that QDevelop is using an external code completion module, so its not its own fault..
The trolls have the same problem with their eclipse plugin, since they are not using their own code completion module - and they said they will probably need to write their own, since its REALY slow...
QDevelop is far from perfect, I don't think any one thinks it is, but it is a good start in the right direction I think.

ChMaster
13th October 2006, 16:21
oh, sorry, you have right. i see the directory QIComplete.
and you have right by the QDevelop, it's nearly perfect :cool:

thanks again @jlbrd

jlbrd
13th October 2006, 16:28
but if i use codecompletion, the cpu load is 99%
But the completion is in thread! Yes during completion the cpu load is 99%, but this 99% is used by the thread and if you try to move cursor or mouse or enter text it goes. A program who work use cpu, it's normal. It's not normal if gui is freezed but it's not that.
But QDevelop is not perfect, it remains work.

silya
21st October 2006, 10:35
jlbrd

If you want I can translate QDevelop on Ukrainian...

jlbrd
21st October 2006, 11:21
Yes, all new language is welcome. For that, download the last 0.20 version on server or better, on svn. If you don't know how to create a new language, simply send me an email and i explain to you.

jlbrd
26th October 2006, 17:30
Hi,
The version 0.20 is released on http://qdevelop.org :

Corrections:
- A crash if a file is opened without project
- Bug in classes explorer when a sub-project have a name identical of the main project.
- Deletion of Auto-Hide docks, not working with Qt 4.2
- The settings are now written in qdevelop.ini file.
- The database of project is named "qdevelop-settings.db" in project directory.
- New C++ highlighter

Adds:
- The Default projects directory can be set in options dialog.
- Bookmarks. Bookmarks can be toggled on menu bar and by right-click in margin number or editor.
- Add "Next Bookmark" and "Previous Bookmark" to menu Bookmark.
- Add Bookmarks toolbar.
- Save bookmarks and breakpoints in project settings
- Add "console" to CONFIG variable in (.pro) file for new projects to have qDebug() written on debug console under Windows.
- Modification of the class browser to understand functions overloading.
- When a project is closed, the content of class browser is saved in database project.db. With this database, the content is reloaded very quickly during the loading of the project. This feature require to have the SQL driver sqlite enable. On build enter the option -qt-sql-sqlite after the configure command.
- Moving tabs with mouse to switch between us
- Detection when a file was modified by another program and ask for save or reload.
- Two tabs to show debugged variables program. Deletion of line edit "Debug command", obsolete with new tabs.
- Templates to create a project (based on dialog or main window).
- The code completion list contains the name and signature of functions.
- Entries "Close Other Tabs" and "Close All Tabs" in popup menu showed by right-click on editor Tab.
- Add Polish, Spanish, Chinese and Russian translations
- The application can be build using cmake (experimental!)

dave
4th November 2006, 21:09
Hi

A couple of points from my experience in using qdevelop.

first: when I use the open file dialog it always default to the program directory, instead of the last directory used.

Using the search dialog:
-It only search one file at the time. not all the files currently open. (there should be at least option to choose).
-It doesn't remember recent search word and options checked from last use.
-After finishing a search it gives you a dialog whether or not you want to search from the begining of the file - and if you press yes it searches till the end and then give you the same dialog over and over again.

The auto-complete feature doesn't always works. (couldn't determine what makes it work, or stop working).

when I double-click on a cpp file in the explorer it open a new copy of the program - instead of opening the file in a new tab.

Apart from this minor points I really enjoyed using your program. It worked smoothly on my machine, and only uses about 15% CPU - even when I have a few files open.:D

Dave

ghorwin
7th November 2006, 22:36
Hi there,

at first, great work with the IDE. Still, I have some minor problems...
1. parsing doesn't seem to work with namespaces, for CPP files the function list is not filled in properly
2. relative path names in a qmake project file starting with '../' are displayed as '..' in the file tree and cannot be opened.

Bye,
Andreas

elcuco
7th November 2006, 23:08
The parsing is done using ctags, so this is probably not something which can be addressed at the moment.

The 2nd issue is a bug, which will be solved soon. Feel free to open an issue in the google project. Someone will pick it up and close it, don't worry.

KaptainKarl
15th November 2006, 23:38
I started using QDevelop just yesterday, so forgive me if this is a simple question.
In the documentation it states that you can enter gdb commands in the "gdb lineedit". I cannot seem to find this line edit anywhere. Could you tell me where it is?

Thanks

jlbrd
16th November 2006, 06:46
In new versions, the lineedit disappeared. Now, the content of variables are automatically showed by qdevelop. The lineedit, useless, was removed. I must modify the documentation.

KaptainKarl
16th November 2006, 14:47
Thanks for the reply.
I must be a real rookie because all I can see are the variables that are local to the current method. I cannot see the contents of any pointers or members of a class that are instantiated within the current method. Not sure if I missing a setting or option.

I do appreciate the fact that I can see the content of QStrings. This was a major problem for me in KDevelop.

jlbrd
16th November 2006, 18:39
I cannot see the contents of any pointers or members of a class that are instantiated within the current method. Not sure if I missing a setting or option.

Only locals and arguments variables are automatically showed. For others, in tab "Other variables", add a variable to show whith the button "+". It is not possible to show automatically the globals variables because too mutch variables are globals.

Sepidar
17th November 2006, 15:37
i couldn't use this IDE cos i got this error while starting the program:
http://i15.tinypic.com/2yo8yvn.jpg
then after getting the the problem i went ro c:\qt\qt 4.1.1\ and ran this commands respectively:

configure -qt-sql-sqlite
mingw32-make

but still the program starts with that error. what shall i do?
:confused:

jlbrd
17th November 2006, 16:46
If you have previously build Qt, try

1. configure -qt-sql-sqlite
2. mingw32-make clean
3. mingw32-make

And it is better to have the lastest version 4.2.1 of Qt because the future version 0.21 of QDevelop is not compatible with Qt 4.1.x versions.

Sepidar
18th November 2006, 16:28
I removed previously installed qt version and installed qt 4.2.1 and the i run your commands:

configure -qt-sql-sqlite
mingw32-make clean
mingw32-make
But still the error message appears. Reinstalling QDevelop did not change anything. :eek:

thanks for your help :)

jlbrd
18th November 2006, 16:50
Perhaps verify in menu "Tools | External tools..." that all Qt tools are located in 4.2.1 directory.

Sepidar
18th November 2006, 19:16
Except gdb and ctags all other external tools are properly set.

Before building QT i could not build programs in QDevelop; but now it is working and i can build programs. The first time I wanted to run a prog, it didn't work because it needed qtcore4.dll. Then i noticed that QT is not in the path enviroment variable. I solved it by qtvars.bat. Is there another thing that I must set?

Now I can enjoy building progs with QDevelop. I think it costs to have some problems to become familier with it. :)

thanks for youur patience

Methedrine
18th November 2006, 19:37
First of all, really nice IDE for Qt development!

I found a bug though, with code-completion: When there is not enough space in the text-editor, then the code-completion list misses either the top entries, or bottom entries. Took a look at the source and might fix this myself. Is there a way to contribute patches?

Additionally, personally I would like it if the project tree would display subdirectories as nodes in the treeview, not as leafs. Opinions?

elcuco
18th November 2006, 23:01
send them to the google project, someone will pick them up. you should ideally open a bug, and attach the fix as a patch.

safknw
20th November 2006, 13:52
QDevelop is going geate.:cool:
This is what I want.

eugen
24th November 2006, 00:36
Hi,
I just found this thread and your fine project!
Since I use Qt4 under Linux and Windows I am desperate looking for a n IDE whis is fast, small and enables debugging!

I will try your IDE in the days comming, but I really like what I have seen so far!

You did a great job!

Congratulations from Austria!

Eugen

freak
27th November 2006, 22:13
Hello,

I was wondering is there a specific way of adding third party libraries to a Qt project within the QDevelop Environment. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

jlbrd
28th November 2006, 20:41
Yes, I added in on line documentation a chapter on the properties of the project (http://qdevelop.org/doc.php#mozTocId57017).

arnaiz
30th November 2006, 20:27
Great!! :D

A great tool for Qt4, and it worked smoothly from compile, installation, and creating a test proyect. You sure did a great job.

Thank you very much. I'll keep ussing it for my Qt4 proyects.

jlbrd
17th December 2006, 11:11
Hi,
The version 0.21 is released on http://qdevelop.org :
Since this commit, Qt 4.2 series is required to build qdevelop. It is possible to have specific 4.2 code now.

Corrections:
- Modifications to the subclassing dialog:
Now actions are displayed in that dialog as well. You also have a input line for filterring the tree view. The input
line is based on regexp and not exact (string) matching, so you might want to toy with it.
- Correct positioning of the completion list in the editor.
- On the end of build process, the number of errors and warnings is displayed "Build finished with n errors(s) and n warning(s)" or "Build finished without error"
- Improve CMake support on Windows, by "Andreas Nicolai" <Andreas.Nicolai@gmx.net> Works on Linux as well, it seems we are back in business.
- Fixes issue 45: The Call Stack was not showed.
- Fix a crash when is opened a project with lines with # at the beginning.
- Now if the application is closed without project opened, it is reopened without project.
- Fix a problem : When the application is launched, if a project reopened is parsed (because the database does not exist for this project), the tree classes is not populated (because the path to ctags is not known). Now the path to ctags is known before.
- F1 should start QAssistant anywhere if no tabs opened
- Add Assistant to the dialog "Tools control". That fix a bug if it is not named "assistant" but by example "assistant-qt4" as under KUbuntu.

Adds:
- Colorized matching for ( and {
- MAC OS X application icon for QDevelop binary file
- Insert bookmarks in menu Bookmarks ordered by line number. Now "Next/Previous Bookmark" move the cursor correctly in editors. Fix issue 17.
- This version introduces the plugins system. The application for the moment accept only TextEdit plugin. The plugins are loaded in:
- "/usr/lib/qdevelop/plugins" and "~/.qdevelop/plugins" under Linux and MAC
- qApp->applicationDirPath()+"/plugins" under Windows
but if a directory is defined in "User plugins directory" in dialog options, this directory is used in place of others.
- Add progress bar showed during the parsing of files of project:
- As message with % in splash if the project is loaded with application
- As QProgressBar if project is loaded after
- A close button is now present on each tab and appear when mouse enter in tab. The options dialog allow to have a close button on each tab or on right corner of the tab widget. By default, the close button is not in each tab because this feature seems to not work with all styles.
- When the key Home is pressed, the cursor alternates between column 0 and the first character of the line.
- Save the main window state - window, panels and docks positions. Thanks to Gorlow M.W. for this feature.
- New feature who permit to rename a file in project explorer. The file is renamed on disk and explorer.
- Add two project variables : sources and dialog directories. Now when the user add a new file or subclass, the default directory is used. These variables can be modified in "Project properties".
- Add new feature to create a new class. Available on menu "Project | Add New Class" or by right-click in project explorer.
- Add code to print the content of editors.

aMan
14th January 2007, 20:20
I haven't started the ide yet, because it isn't compiling (see below). But as far as i have seen there isn't anything like code formating or suchthing. Would it be possible to implement that?

KDevelop uses astyle and it's working quite good. Code::Blocks uses it too, so it's probably platform independend (only testet it on linux).

Here is my compileroutput:

g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_SQL_LIB -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I../../bin/qt4static/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I../../bin/qt4static/include/QtUiTools -I../../bin/qt4static/include/QtCore -I../../bin/qt4static/include/QtCore -I../../bin/qt4static/include/QtNetwork -I../../bin/qt4static/include/QtNetwork -I../../bin/qt4static/include/QtGui -I../../bin/qt4static/include/QtGui -I../../bin/qt4static/include/QtXml -I../../bin/qt4static/include/QtXml -I../../bin/qt4static/include/QtSql -I../../bin/qt4static/include/QtSql -I../../bin/qt4static/include -I. -Isrc -Isrc/ui -Ibuild/moc -Ibuild/ui -o build/o/unix/projectmanager.o src/projectmanager.cpp
In file included from ../../bin/qt4static/include/QtUiTools/QUiLoader:1,
from src/projectmanager.cpp:47:
../../bin/qt4static/include/QtUiTools/quiloader.h:1:56: error: ../../tools/designer/src/uitools/quiloader.h: File not found (translated from polish).
src/projectmanager.cpp: In member function ‘void ProjectManager::slotPreviewForm(QTreeWidgetItem*)’ :
src/projectmanager.cpp:1190: error: ‘QUiLoader’ was not declared in this scope
src/projectmanager.cpp:1190: error: expected `;' before ‘builder’
src/projectmanager.cpp:1193: error: ‘builder’ was not declared in this scope
../../bin/qt4static/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/kernel/qobject.h: In function ‘QList<T> qFindChildren(const QObject*, const QString&) [with T = QWidget*]’:
../../bin/qt4static/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/kernel/qobject.h:150: instantiated from ‘QList<T> QObject::findChildren(const QString&) const [with T = QWidget*]’
src/projectmanager.cpp:1206: instantiated from here
../../bin/qt4static/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/kernel/qobject.h:380: warning: type-punning to incomplete type might break strict-aliasing rules
make: *** [build/o/unix/projectmanager.o] Error 1 (translated from polish).

Qt 4.2.1 and 4.1.0 tested.. Both have the same error..

elcuco
19th January 2007, 17:59
You probably compiled Qt4 yourself? Look at the real problem:

../../bin/qt4static/include/QtUiTools/quiloader.h:1:56: error: ../../tools/designer/src/uitools/quiloader.h: File not found (translated from polish).

(next time run "LANG=C make")

aMan
19th January 2007, 18:16
Thx, i didn't noticed that..

The 4.2 version is compiled by myself, but the 4.1 version (which i tried too) isn't. It's the suse package..

But it works now..

elcuco
20th January 2007, 15:30
The official openSUSE packages do not work? What packages are installed in your system?

rpm -qa | grep qt4

aMan
20th January 2007, 17:04
rpm -qa | grep qt shows the following:

qt-sql-4.1.0-29
poppler-qt-0.4.4-19
qt3-devel-tools-3.3.5-58
qt-debug-4.1.0-31
qt-qt3support-4.1.0-29
qt3-3.3.5-58.12
qt3-devel-3.3.5-58
qtc-0.7a-22
qt-sql-sqlite-4.1.0-16
dbus-1-qt3-0.60-30
qt-devel-4.1.0-29.5
yast2-qt-2.13.60-0.5
qt-debug-debuginfo-4.1.0-31
qt-x11-4.1.0-29
dbus-1-qt3-devel-0.60-30
qt3-devel-doc-3.3.5-58
qt-devel-doc-4.1.0-29
qt-4.1.0-29.7
python-qt-3.5.1-19
qtc-debuginfo-0.7a-22
gtk-qt-engine-0.7cvs20060209-22.1
kdesvn-svnqt-0.9.1-0.pm.0

aMan
21st January 2007, 12:45
Sry for double posting, but i can't find the edit button..

I friend has found a bug in the Windows version. The Linux version is all fine (I compiled from source). In Windows you can't write "v" or "z", because these are shortcuts. He used the installer and I was able to reproduce the bug. As a workaround you can remove the shortcuts in the shortcut window. It is then possible to write the "v" and the "z" again, but i wasn't able to set the correct shortcut for undo/paste and so on.

elcuco
21st January 2007, 21:37
I will try to reproduce. Thanks.

Can you open a bug report on the google site?

gilmegviv
15th February 2007, 12:47
First of all, QDevelop is a wonderful IDE. I 've installed on Windows XP, i added "ctags".
- But i'm still not able to use the auto-completion for my own classes (auto completion works
for the predefined QT classes).
- And i can't add methods (variables or get/set methods) to classes using the class explorer. Rmq : The ctags.exe is included in the PATH variable.

Please, help me, thanks in advance.

zlatko
20th February 2007, 15:28
I downloaded 0.21 for Windows. Yes, look likely ;) I try open one of my projetcs...File tree builded correct but class tree not available :confused: Maiby something bad in my *.pro Also it cant undestand path to qmake, alike "C:\Qt\3.3.5\bin\qmake.exe", test on Exeternal Tools window not completed...

jpn
20th February 2007, 15:52
QDevelop is for and requires Qt4.

zlatko
20th February 2007, 16:03
:( Ok, thx

TheRonin
27th February 2007, 16:28
I recently got fed up with using Eclipse as my IDE because of serious problems with the C++ indexer and decided to try out QDevelop. I must say that i'm quite impressed and like what i've seen so far.

I have come across two issues though:

How do i get code-completion to work? Ctrl+Space doesn't seem to work.
For some reason my Classes browser doesn't get populated. Also, in the .cpp editors, the refresh button at the top doesn't populate the classes and methods combo-boxes.

I hope it's not just my installation being weird and that something can be done to resolve these two issues.

Thanks in advance!

jlbrd
27th February 2007, 17:26
Hello,
This two issues have the same causes, ctags is not properly installed or configured on QDevelop. Please read the documentation to solve the problem : http://qdevelop.org/doc.php#mozTocId146626

TheRonin
27th February 2007, 22:19
Hello,
This two issues have the same causes, ctags is not properly installed or configured on QDevelop.

Of course! Thanks!

THRESHE
5th March 2007, 16:42
I've a problem compiling an empty project with QDevelop.
I've downloaded installer from qdevelop.org and installed it. Then I've downloaded and installed MinGW-3.1.0-1 from www.mingw.org and "qt-win-opensource-4.2.2-mingw".

Here is the output of compiler

C:/Saves/Dev-Cpp/bin/make,exe -f Makefile. Release
make.exe[l]: Entering directory *C:/Saves/Qt Projects/First1
g++ -c -02 -02 -Wall -frtti -fexceptions -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_5UPP0RT -DQT_DLL -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -rCs/Saves/Qt^^^/indude/QtCore" -lT:/Saves/Qt/4.2.2/include/QtCore" -I"C:/Saves/Qt/4.
"g++" T ny«nre6n yrBalT© E«E yl^r©
£®-i x®©} £61®^-!®© Ia®Ja -i-»®© E«E I er'sn-i A ©*®-I.
make.exe[l]: Leaving directory *C:/5aves/Qt Projects/First1
make.exe[l]: *** [build\dialogimpl.o] Error 1
C:\5aves\Dev-Cpp\bin\make.exe: *** [release] Error 2

Anybody knows what to do ? I suppose there is a problem with make...

Please help !

ghorwin
6th March 2007, 20:18
You probably have a weird conflict with w Dev-cpp version of mingw so my suggestions would be:

- get rid of your dev-cpp mingw version
- deinstall the 3.xxx mingw version
- cleanup your path variables
- download MinGW-5.0.2.exe from the mingw webpage and install it, including the mingw32-make package
- make sure your path variables are set ok

Try again to compile QDevelop...

Bye,
Andreas

THRESHE
6th March 2007, 21:22
How did you figure out that I've previously installed Dev++ ? :)

I'll try to do this the way you say.

Thanks for the tip :)

THRESHE
6th March 2007, 23:27
You probably have a weird conflict with w Dev-cpp version of mingw so my suggestions would be:

- get rid of your dev-cpp mingw version
- deinstall the 3.xxx mingw version
- cleanup your path variables
- download MinGW-5.0.2.exe from the mingw webpage and install it, including the mingw32-make package
- make sure your path variables are set ok

Try again to compile QDevelop...

Bye,
Andreas
I've tried the thing you said. It doesn't work:(
When I try to compile the project it writes something like this
g++ is not an external or internal command executed by the programm (It's my translation from russian ;) )

Could you just write what should I do to get this thing working step by step.

Thanks a lot.

GreyGeek
7th March 2007, 16:28
I installed QDevelop on my SimplyMEPIS32 6.5 beta7 and it works beautifully, including code completion. Thanks for a very find tool.
Send me a snail mail address and I'll send you a donation!

TheRonin
8th March 2007, 10:49
Hello!

I'm still having problems with code completion. I've downloaded ctags 554 and linked to the executable with 'external tools', and as a function check, the class list works great.

But the code completion works only sporadically, and when it does work it takes forever to bring up a list of suggestions. When i type just about anything except an actual variable followed by '->' or '.', i get a list of constants.
ex:

asdf<ctrl+space>

Also, typing a variable and then '->' or '.' doesn't give me any code completion alternatives:

QString str = "this is a test";
str.<ctrl+space>
In that case, and cases like it, the code completion command doesn't do anything. Is it just me or are others having this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it are warmly welcomed!

I'm using qDevelop 0.21, qt 4.2.2, exuberant ctags 554, windows xp pro.

jlbrd
8th March 2007, 11:35
THRESHE: In your previous post, make is launched in "C:/Saves/Dev-Cpp/bin" directory and it not good. In qdevelop, open the dialog "tools | external tools" and choose, for make, "mingw32-make.exe" in the mingw/bin directory. On my XP, it's "C:\MinGW\bin\mingw32-make.exe".

TheRonin: The completion work only with Qt4 classes and not with your application classes. In addition, you must add at the begin on your cpp file, the #include for your class. In your example, add #include <QString> on top of your file and completion certainly work.

For all;) : You can donate here: http://qdevelop.org/donate.php

ghorwin
8th March 2007, 16:27
THRESHE, did you set your path variable correctly to contain the mingw/bin directory? If so, open the external tools config dialog in QDevelop and use the check button to update the external tools. Alternatively, select the correct paths manually.

TheRonin
8th March 2007, 17:58
My project file contains some variables of the $$MyVar-kind, which as i understand it, QDevelop has some trouble with. After adding some classes qmake has now begun to generate two new files: object_script.myProject.Debug and object_script.myProject.Release.

I'm wondering if this new behavior is due to the number of classes i have or if QDevelop might be responsible in some way. Any insight into this matter would be greatly appreciated! :D

THRESHE
8th March 2007, 20:16
Thanks ghorwin !!

I didn't set the path variables and that was the problem. Pretty stupid but since it's the first time I use MinGW I suppose it doesn't count ;)

dave
22nd May 2007, 17:02
Recently I started using Ubuntu (feisty). This is my first foray into linux, so this maybe a linux problem, I don't know.
On windows I have no problem whatsoever with QDevelop.
on ubuntu I compiled and run QDevelop fine. Also used it to compile exsisting projects fine. But anything I try to do in Project Explorer window doesn't work. For example, if I try to right-click and choose delete the project - I get "unable to delete the main project". If I right-click and add new item, a cpp file, etc, I get "unable to create file".
I thought this might be a permission issue, so I run Qdevelop as root, also changed its group and ownership to root, and am still getting the same problem.
Any idea? It's probably a simple thing that I don't know...

EDIT: Sorry, meant to post this in the Qdevelop questions thread..

jlbrd
24th May 2007, 09:20
You have a problem because you have created a project with a template "subdirs". A "subdirs" project can contains only other projects. In this kind of project, it is not possible to add files. And it is not possible to delete the main project, you can close it instead.
This behavior is the same with all platforms and is not a Linux problem.

If you want to create a classical project (without sub-projects), choose "app" to template in the Options dialog.

patrik08
24th May 2007, 14:56
I found tab indent error on QDevelop... on version window... maybe linux also.. sf.net download latest...

Indent tab one line remove line...

i rewrite so...

void TextEdit::IndentText( bool make ) /* make == keyPressEvent tab + false - */
{
/* baseram = QApplication::clipboard(); */
QTextCursor curseurActuel = textCursor();
QTextCursor c = textCursor();
/* no text selection move tabulator */
if ( make && c.selectedText().isEmpty() )
{
if ( m_tabSpaces )
{
int nbSpaces = tabStopWidth() / fontMetrics().width( " " );
for (int i = 0; i<nbSpaces; i++) {
c.insertText( " " );
}
}
else {
if ( m_tabSpaces )
{
c.insertText( " " );
}
}
else {
c.insertText( "\t" );
}
}
return;
} else
/* having text to tabulator */
if ( make && !c.selectedText().isEmpty() ) {

int startb = c.selectionStart();
int endb = c.selectionEnd();

c.setPosition(startb, QTextCursor::MoveAnchor);
c.movePosition(QTextCursor::StartOfLine, QTextCursor::MoveAnchor);
QTextBlock blocStart = c.block();

c.setPosition(endb, QTextCursor::MoveAnchor);
c.movePosition(QTextCursor::StartOfLine, QTextCursor::MoveAnchor);
QTextBlock blocEnd = c.block();

int position = 0;
int startline;
int stopline;
int xli = 1;

for ( QTextBlock block = document()->begin(); block.isValid(); block = block.next(), xli++) {
if (blocStart.text() == block.text()) {
startline = xli;
}
if (blocEnd.text() == block.text()) {
stopline = xli;
}
}

xli = 1;

if (stopline > startline) {
//////qDebug() << "### ok line greats ";
QString greppitxt = GrepTextLines(startline,stopline);
//////qDebug() << "### txt indent " << greppitxt;
if (greppitxt.size() > 0) {
cut();
baseram->clear();
baseram->setText(greppitxt,QClipboard::Clipboard);
paste();
selectLines(startline,stopline);
QTextCursor c1 = textCursor();
c1.setPosition(c1.position() - 1 ,QTextCursor::KeepAnchor);
setTextCursor( c1 );
ensureCursorVisible();
}
return;
} else if ( stopline == startline ) {
//////qDebug() << "### ok line greats ";
QString greppitxto = GrepTextLines(startline,startline);
//////qDebug() << "### txt indent " << greppitxt;
if (greppitxto.size() > 0) {
cut();
baseram->clear();
baseram->setText(greppitxto,QClipboard::Clipboard);
paste();
selectLines(startline,startline);
QTextCursor c2 = textCursor();
c2.setPosition(c2.position() - 1 ,QTextCursor::KeepAnchor);
setTextCursor( c2 );
ensureCursorVisible();
return;
}

}

}

}

QString TextEdit::GrepTextLines(int startline, int stopline )
{
QStringList cuttextlist;
cuttextlist.clear();
int xli = 1;
for ( QTextBlock block = document()->begin(); block.isValid(); block = block.next(), xli++) {
if (xli == startline || xli > startline) {
if (xli == stopline || xli < stopline) {
cuttextlist.append(GrepLineFromTxBloc(block));
////////qDebug() << "### cat line GrepTextLines " << xli;
}
}
}
return cuttextlist.join("\n");
}

QString TextEdit::GrepLineFromTxBloc( QTextBlock block )
{
QString linetext = "";
if ( m_tabSpaces ) /* if tabulator key on? */
{
linetext.append( " " );
}
linetext.append(block.text());

} else {
linetext.append(block.text());
}

return linetext;
}

void TextEdit::selectLines(int debut, int fin) /* start end */
{
if ( debut > fin )
qSwap( debut, fin);
QTextCursor c = textCursor();
c.movePosition(QTextCursor::Start );
c.movePosition(QTextCursor::Down, QTextCursor::MoveAnchor, debut - 1 );
c.movePosition(QTextCursor::Down, QTextCursor::KeepAnchor, fin-debut + 1);
setTextCursor( c );
ensureCursorVisible();
}

jlbrd
25th May 2007, 15:32
Sorry but your code seems very complicated to fix a little problem. Before a modification of the code, can you describe exactly what problem occurs.

patrik08
25th May 2007, 23:35
Sorry but your code seems very complicated to fix a little problem. Before a modification of the code, can you describe exactly what problem occurs.

I fou
Indent tab one line remove line...

If i Indent tabulator -> <- the line is remove delete...

I discovery now QScintilla-1.73-gpl-2-snapshot-20070519 .... and i use that one.

GreyGeek
27th May 2007, 03:46
I installed QDevelop on my SimplyMEPIS32 6.5 beta7 and it works beautifully, including code completion. Thanks for a very find tool.
Send me a snail mail address and I'll send you a donation!

I moved to PCLinuxOS 2007 and QDevelop works well under it, too! :D

jlbrd
29th May 2007, 21:10
A new version 0.23 is available on qdevelop server:

Corrections:
- Prevents the opening of the same file in several tab.
The code completion works now with the classes created in the project.
When the IDE auto-completes some code, it also add the "()" after the cursor, and place the cursor in the best position
possible.
- Fix a problem with packaged versions of QDevelop. With these versions, the code completion did not work.

Adds:
- Add Portuguese translation thanks to Giuliano Santana
- Add Vietnamese translation. Thanks to Chuong Nguyen
- In subclassing, the code is now added in editor if the file is opened in tab (before, the code was added always in files on disk, even with the file opened).

Ebson
5th June 2007, 15:20
It is a great project
I have tried before to make something like that, but you did more than what I would expect

it is working smoothly, everything is fine except the code completion
it works but not as I expected
for example in this code

frmMain::frmMain( QWidget * parent, Qt::WFlags f)
: QMainWindow(parent, f)
{
setupUi(this);
this->(Ctrl+Space)
}

I am expecting here to get list of all functions, properties of the QMainWindow class
but what i get is only one lonely function "frmMain()"

i have exuberant-ctags (version 5.6) installed
class browser works fine

Ebson
5th June 2007, 19:40
Problem fixed
I have added "-R" to the command line arguments

QString command = ctagsCmdPath + " -R -f \"" + tagsFilePath +
"\" --append --language-force=c++ --fields=afiKmsSzn --c++-kinds=cdefgmnpstuvx -L \""
+ tagsIncludesPath + '\"';

in the file InitCompletion

jlbrd
5th June 2007, 21:21
Your modification seems not the good solution because without "-R" I have the completion for the QMainWindow.

vizbash
27th June 2007, 14:18
You have a problem because you have created a project with a template "subdirs". A "subdirs" project can contains only other projects. In this kind of project, it is not possible to add files. And it is not possible to delete the main project, you can close it instead.
This behavior is the same with all platforms and is not a Linux problem.

If you want to create a classical project (without sub-projects), choose "app" to template in the Options dialog.

I have the same problem, although I've choosen "app" :confused:

KaptainKarl
13th July 2007, 20:57
I'm using QDevelop 2.1 with QT 4.2.2 in Suse and RHEL. Wonderful product.
I have a couple of questions:

1. How do I make the debugger see src files that are in a src subdirectory of the project? When I run the debugger it always says "cannot find main.cpp".

2. How can I alter the settings for a library to create an archive lib (.a) instead of a shared object (.so)?

Thanks!
Karl

jlbrd
13th July 2007, 22:12
Hi KaptainKarl,

1. How do I make the debugger see src files that are in a src subdirectory of the project? When I run the debugger it always says "cannot find main.cpp".

In debugging, QDevelop opens automatically the project sources files. So I think it's a problem with your Qt library installed. Certainly you don't have Qt built in debug mode.

2. How can I alter the settings for a library to create an archive lib (.a) instead of a shared object (.so)?

Go to "Project | Properties" then enable "Advanced Mode". You have a checkbox "staticlib". Certainly work for your request (but I don't test it).

A newest version that 0.21 is available on http://qdevelop.org

elcuco
14th July 2007, 11:34
it will fail if you are debugging sub-projects.

jlbrd
14th July 2007, 17:11
it will fail if you are debugging sub-projects.
I created two sub-projects in debugging mode and the cursor is well placed on breakpoint.

elcuco
14th July 2007, 17:36
I will try to reproduce my problem and send it to you in the next few days.

ufo-vl
20th July 2007, 08:34
jlbrd,
Good program, thanks :-).

KaptainKarl
24th July 2007, 02:13
Hello,

I just upgraded to QT 4.3 and while I was at it, I upgraded QDevelop to 0.23. I tried to build an application that worked under QT 4.2.2 and QDevelop 0.21.

The application includes a LIBS variable that is set to the following:
"-L../lib -lSMART"

When I try to build it in QDevelop, I get an undefined reference from the library I'm pointing to with the variable.

When I try to build from the command line, I get the following:
#> ~/QTProjects/SMART/SMRTsum> gmake
g++ -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/Trolltech/QT4.3_STATIC/lib -o SMRTsum main.o -L/usr/local/Trolltech/QT4.3_STATIC/lib -L../lib\ -lSMART -lQtSql -L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient_r -lz -lcrypt -lnsl -lc -lnss_files -lnss_dns -lresolv -lodbc -pthread -L/opt/gnome/lib -pthread -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lpng -lSM -lICE -pthread -pthread -lXi -lXrender -lXrandr -lXfixes -lXcursor -lXinerama -lfreetype -lfontconfig -lXext -lX11 -lQtCore -lm -pthread -lgthread-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lrt -ldl -lpthread
main.o: In function `main':
main.cpp:(.text+0x14fe): undefined reference to `getStateID(unsigned long)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake: *** [SMRTsum] Error 1

As you can see, there is a mysterious "\" after the "-L../lib".
If I edit the Makefile manually and take this "\" out, the compile works.

Is this a bug in QDevelop or am I entering the value of the LIBS Variable incorrectly?

Thanks,
Karl

ufo-vl
24th July 2007, 07:10
I have found bug in QDevelop 0.23

Excuse me, I do not have opportunity to get an account on google for reporting in http://code.google.com/p/qdevelop/issues/list.

Step for reproduce:
1. Сreate empty project
2. Right click on project file (*.pro)
3. Select "add new file"
4. Select source file.
5. Input file name
6. In shown dialog press Yes or No

Expected result: file(s) was created

Actual result: could not create file dialog was shown.

Dup for this issue: "Create new class" from context menu.

Qt ver: 4.3
QDevelop ver: 0.23

Problem: QDevelop not create directory "src, ..." for new files. As result: attempt to create a file in a nonexistent directory

Sorry for my bad english :o
Thanks.

KaptainKarl
24th July 2007, 17:07
Hello,

This is in reference to my previous post.

I altered the variable settings for LIBS so that the "-L../lib" and "-lSMART" were entered as seperate values. This fixed the problem I was seeing.

Karl

jlbrd
11th August 2007, 13:39
A new version 0.24 is available on qdevelop server:

Corrections and improvements:
- Source/header navigation after files are renamed is working once more (fixes issue 137)
- Updated translations for Chinese, Vietnamese, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish and German
- The build log window is now a sub-class of QTextEdit. It is possible to copy and paste by right-click the texts in
this window (fixes issue 136 and 141)
- Make moving up/down in files explorer equivalent to clicking items, and Return equivalent to clicking Open (fixes issue 154)
- Updated the shape of the tabs on the output dock window (revisions 182, 183)
- Improove handleing of pro files (revision 185,187)
- Fixed various crashes related for the code completion (revision 184,188)
- The list of include directories is parsed by the code completion each time it is necessary (fixes issue 145)
- Commet/Uncomment line fixes (fixes issues 101, 113 and 131).
- Fixed function/method names color bug (fixes issues 77 and 96)
- Line numbers are consistant with text editor, improved undo/redo behavior, enhanced find in document behavior,
Removed Undo and Redo from editor context menu and moved Goto Implementation and Goto Declaration to the top.
- Fixed templates for win32-msvc2005 target.
- Find in files funtions has been improoved (revision 147).
- Completion improvement: If a function has many overloaded versions, the code completion choose the version with the biggest
number of parameters, overcome some problems with ctags and Qt macros (revision 151)
- When adding files to a project if the directories do not exixt, create them (revision 154)
- New text format used in the source, which allows to translate more easily.
- Indentation should be working once more (fixes issue 18)
- When creating a new dialog, the template will use by default QDialogButtonBox (fixes issue 83)
- Order of widgets in tools control is revised, also use QDialogButtonBox instead of normal buttons (fixes issue 89)
- Improved save and restore of MainWindow position, size and state (fixes issue 103).
- Break IDE closing with Cancel button if project changes are not saved (fixes issue 107)

Adds:
- Add "Goto Declaration" and "Goto Implementation" entries in the popup menu showed by right-click in an editor. After the right-click on a word, the program find the member object or function and his class then, if possible allows to go to the implementation and the declaration files.
- Since Qt 4.3.0, Designer can be controlled as Assistant by socket. That allows to open all UI files with one instance of Designer.
- Added an entry to the main menu to open class methods combo box for fast lookup without using mouse.
- Hide mouse cursor while typing code (fixes issue 24)

jlbrd
17th August 2007, 18:53
The last version present on the svn improves much the code completion. All tags used in the code completion are now saved in databases. When the first character of the class is a 'Q' (certainly a Qt class), the tags are saved in qdevelop.db created in the home directory ("/Application Data/qdevelop.db" in home directory under Windows), and is common to all projects. The tags of other classes are saved in qdevelop-settings.db in the project directory and is specific to a project.

The table "tags" in these databases is created empty and populated by the tags of a class only when the completion is called for this class. So, the first call of the completion for a class is not faster than before. But after, the external ctags program is not called and the tags are read in the databases and the speed is very increased. The difference is really important under Windows, where the call of ctags.exe is slower. Between two launch of qdevelop program, the databases are reused and a class previously parsed is read in database.

A new menu "Define new Qt version" is present to delete qdevelop.db. It's useful for a new Qt version with new classes or modified classes.

The feedbacks for this are welcome.

aMan
17th August 2007, 19:55
.. When the first character of the class is a 'Q' (certainly a Qt class), ...

I'd rather check if the first letter is a Q and the second a capital. This way classes like "Question" or "Query" wouldn't be in the Qt database..

jlbrd
18th August 2007, 08:03
Yes, you have right, first letter 'Q' + second a capital is a good solution.

fullmetalcoder
23rd August 2007, 19:13
ecluco amazed me so much about the features he told me he was working on that, after monthes of disdain, I finally decided to give it a try. I did checked out the HEAD revision of google code repository (which compiled just fine using cmake) and here come my comments :

QDevelop takes an awful lot of time to load projects (about 10 seconds to load its own project file and about the same to load Edyuk's one)
QDevelop fails to load include files though it does take the include() directive into account (stupid IMHO but better than discarding it anyway...)
On my system, etags come pre-installed and ctags is symlinked to it. As QDevelop doesn't check for this and doesn't do proper checks to now whether the QProcess started it ends up eating 80% CPU time while hanging at 20% of "project analysis"
QDevelop fails (does not bother?) generating class tree for subdirs projects
QDevelop takes an awful lot of time to generate class trees (several dozen seconds is really long...)
QDevelop does not remember the window state of its main window, which is really boring because the bottom dock is useless most of the time and takes way too much space by default
The completion can be extremely slow (I typed "this->" in InitCompletion::addIncludes() and I really believed that it went into an endless loop since it hanged more than 10 SECONDS to display me a couple of entries...
Sometimes it doesn't even work (while taking the same amount of time) : e.g. I typed the same thing in Parse::getTypeOfToken()
The typing algorithm randomly fails. e.g., still in getTypeOfToken() the ident argument will complete straight after the curly bracket but not after the second if body (while it works between the two "if" ...)
There's neither parenthesis matching nor code folding
Neither structs nor typedefs are completed (tried Bookmark, TagList and Scope)
Undo/Redo is wicked (my guess is that grouping is not used properly, especially in indenting...)
Completion filtering doesn't work well (try "QString s; s.spli")
Keys not handled by completion widget are left to the editor widget BUT the completion widget remains where it is : BAD. What if I press CTRL + Z? Or Tab (BTW tab should select the entry, just like Enter)
There's a "search in files" tab, which sounds great but it doesn't do anything...
Looks like completion data is reinitialized at every context switch (i.e. each time I switch to another file, even without closing any...). Do you really think everyone is happy to wait for a dozen seconds each time he changes a single line of code in a file that triggers completion?
I get a lot of warnings on command line, especially these two :
trying to init completion on a null class name

QSqlDatabasePrivate::addDatabase: duplicate connection name 'qt_sql_default_connection', old connection removed.

There's no widget dedicated to QRC file editing...
There's no designer integration
There are kind of contradictory messages : When compilation fails the log ends with "Done generating without errors" (translation from french...)
The "compile file" command is not smart enough to take advantage of an existing makefile when the file belongs to an opened project...
There are esoteric action names (most embarrassing is "Define new Qt version" since it deletes completion db without a single warning...)There's still a lot to be said but I'll stop there because I'm already a wee bit bored...:p

p.s. : I'm pretty sure these will be ignored, as all the other comments I made to jlbrd on both this forum and its french counterpart, but I thought it would be unfair not to reveal the flaw I had spotted since elcuco does the same with Edyuk from time to time...;)

elcuco
23rd August 2007, 22:02
trying to init completion on a null class name

Before revision 200 it would crahs your application. I made that a qDebug to see how much my "fix" holds up in the real world. Happy it does.

On your setup it failed to load some tree classes, since your project contains some features not supported by the qmake parser. We should discuss about the handling of this issue.

That said, you tested trunk, which is still been developed (did you see that there is no option to disable the white space markings...? I am still evaluating this feature).

Can you edit your previous message and put numbers instead of bullets?

marcel
23rd August 2007, 22:12
OK. This has been fun enough...
But why in the world you people work on separate IDE's and not join forces and create a single and better ( and bigger ) IDE?

I am sorry to say this, but none of the Qt open source IDEs( maybe except KDevelop) cannot compare to commercial ones or Eclipse. And this is due to missing functionality...

I agree that competition is good, but all that was fun went away a long time ago...
I am sure you can gather cool things from all the IDEs and build one tough motherf***er.

This goes to fullmetalcoder, elcuco, magland and everybody that has a homemade IDE.

EDIT: I forgot to add a smiley: :)

Regards

fullmetalcoder
24th August 2007, 09:12
On your setup it failed to load some tree classes, since your project contains some features not supported by the qmake parser. We should discuss about the handling of this issue.
This does not come from edyuk.pro AFAIK things are a wee bit weirder because I got these error message only once (not once for all time but at a single launch of QDevelop)... I have not been able to reproduce it...

Can you edit your previous message and put numbers instead of bullets?
I guess I could if I were still allowed to edit it... But even then I doubt I'd do it because it's not up to me to prioritize the items there...

But why in the world you people work on separate IDE's and not join forces and create a single and better ( and bigger ) IDE?
Man this has been asked a hundred of times (at the very least)... Because we've all started something which we are proud of and we are reluctant to abandon it, some more than the others... Some other nagging questions would be : How do we name it? Who's gonna lead the team? Why should we restart from scratch now that things are at last working? But then which code should we take as a basis? etc...
If you are able to answer these questions please do and you may be able to convince all the people involved (i.e. those you mentioned + jlbrd and Pasnox, who would probably be the hardest to convince BTW...)

sunil.thaha
24th August 2007, 11:05
I support marcel's suggestion
Its always better to work in a team when the you have a common goal.
Most of the IDE's cannot be compared to that of KDevelop
And I believe its not because you guys are technically incompetent.

Man this has been asked a hundred of times (at the very least)... Because we've all started something which we are proud of and we are reluctant to abandon it, some more than the others...
In short ... Can I call it "Ego" ;), which says "If my design is not good, I will not accept that yours is better ":D

Some other nagging questions would be : How do we name it? Who's gonna lead the team?
Does that really matter when everyone is working for a common goal?

Why should we restart from scratch now that things are at last working? But then which code should we take as a basis? etc...

You might need to, but the lessons learned from your projects are not lost? I am sure it will be put to a good use; only if are willing to accept others views also

If you are able to answer these questions please do and you may be able to convince all the people involved (i.e. those you mentioned + jlbrd and Pasnox, who would probably be the hardest to convince BTW...)

So does that mean you are willing to join someone for common goal ?

fullmetalcoder
24th August 2007, 11:25
Most of the IDE's cannot be compared to that of KDevelop
Well, AFAIK KDevelop sucks when it comes to develop Qt 4 applications. It surely has many great features and a huge community but :
no Qt 4 designer integration
Qt 4 completion doesn't work (at least I did not manage to make it work... Am I stupid or is it a bug?)
Qt 4 project management is known to be incomplete and/or buggy (did not try the very latest code though...)Of course we cannot be compared to KDevelop due to its modularity and huge community but, in our domain, we can outrank it...

In short ... Can I call it "Ego" ;), which says "If my design is not good, I will not accept that yours is better ":D

Does that really matter when everyone is working for a common goal?
It may matter for some people... Because of the "ego"...

You might need to, but the lessons learned from your projects are not lost? I am sure it will be put to a good use; only if are willing to accept others views also
The lessons I see so far :
We need plugins. I've been the first to switch the design and both Pasnox and jlbrd followed me later on
We need to agree about the UI : static or dynamic?
We need to agree about the editing layer. QDevelop and HiQt still uses QTextEdit under the hoods, hence higher memory consumption, slower loading and highlighting and possible lockups with large files. On the other hand Monkey 2 will use QScintilla and I rewrote a text editing from scratch (well, from QtCore and QPainter actually...)
So does that mean you are willing to join someone for common goal ?
Yep. I'm open to talks and if we can find an agreement on where to start and where to go and how we plan to get there I'll be willing to do it. However I really doubt we'll manage to agree because Pasnox has been working hard on Monkey 2 (we're talking a bunch) which he plans to release within a couple of monthes, because until now QDevelop team clung to its code/design/..., because magland has started is project knowing about the others, instead of joining one, ...
That's quite sad because I'd really like such a thing to happen since I could at last do what I like and master most (hard work on internals, e.g. completion backend, project parsers, HL engine, ... :)) without having to spend all my time on usability matters that I really don't enjoy (hey! nobody is perfect...)

magland
24th August 2007, 12:20
Advantage of open source is that we collaborate without being on the same team! A successful IDE will be one that can take the best ideas from all IDEs and tie them together on top of a solid foundation - IMHO has not been achieved yet.

For example, if the thing is coded right, the editor component should be completely independent of the rest of the IDE. I've already announced that the next release of Handcoder's IDE will be able to switch seamlessly between QTextEdit and QScintilla for the editor. AND as soon as fmc's QCodeEdit is ready, I plan to just plug it in. That's efficient collaboration I say. If components are not modular enough to be plugged into another application without too much effort - then they are not worth using anyway. I have borrowed syntax highlighting and some icons from QDevelop (who probably derived them from elsewhere).

Handcoder's IDE is fundamentally different than other IDEs and serves a different purpose - one thing, it treats the .pro file as source code.

fullmetalcoder
24th August 2007, 12:40
For example, if the thing is coded right, the editor component should be completely independent of the rest of the IDE. I've already announced that the next release of Handcoder's IDE will be able to switch seamlessly between QTextEdit and QScintilla for the editor. AND as soon as fmc's QCodeEdit is ready, I plan to just plug it in. That's efficient collaboration I say.
Where do you see the collaboration here? Don't get me wrong, you're absolutely free to do that and it could reveal extremely cool though it will probably require a bunch of work from you to create an abstraction layer over 3 very different frameworks (in terms of API and impl I mean). The fact is that you just take things ONCE they are ready, which is normal to make your IDE stable, but you DO NOT cooperate allow these modules to get ready sooner... That would be collaboration.

If components are not modular enough to be plugged into another application without too much effort - then they are not worth using anyway.
True enough. That's basically what I'm trying to do with editing but also completion/class browsing backend and a couple other stuff and I'd say I did it quite well so far...

I have borrowed syntax highlighting and some icons from QDevelop (who probably derived them from elsewhere).
HL code of QDevelop comes from QSA AFAIK (and there should be a notice left to respect GPL...

Handcoder's IDE is fundamentally different than other IDEs and serves a different purpose - one thing, it treats the .pro file as source code.
Your approach of project handling is not such a fundamental difference... The fundamentals of an IDE are :

loading project files
editing sources
compilingAll the rest is good to have but not "fundamental", at least that's my understanding...

KaptainKarl
29th August 2007, 17:49
I think most users are altering the expectation of what an IDE is. Certainly most expect there to be an integrated debugger along with projects, code editing, and compiling.

Karl

marcel
29th August 2007, 21:56
I think most users are altering the expectation of what an IDE is. Certainly most expect there to be an integrated debugger along with projects, code editing, and compiling.

Karl

I, for one, don't like to waste too much time/thinking on debugging. Just want to debug, get the info I need, and get on with solving the real problems.

How much time does one waste with command line debuggers?

And of course, there's that little thing with information being presented to you visually.

Regards

jlbrd
29th August 2007, 22:00
In this thread I would like to see posts about QDevelop. Please create an new thread for your general discussions about IDE and other.

Thank you

Morea
1st September 2007, 18:19
Is the code completion working? If yes, how to notice it?
I started writing

class slask{
public:
int foo();
int xabcdef;

};

in a h file, and in the cpp file that included the above h file, I wrote

#include "slask.h"
int slask::foo()
{

xabc AND HERE WERE NO CODE COMPLETION!!!!!!:crying::crying:
}

jlbrd
1st September 2007, 22:44
Hi,
The completion works now with the words alone as you want (since 10 minutes in fact). You must build the last trunk present in the svn.

eekhoorn12
5th September 2007, 23:50
Hey
I am also trying this program but when i try to compile i get the following:

Compileren (make)...
C:/Qt/4.3.0/bin/mingw32-make.exe -f Makefile.Debug all
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Entering directory `C:/Qt/4.3.0/Projects/gotocell'
g++ -c -g -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -Wall -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN -I"..\..\include\QtCore" -I"..\..\include\QtCore" -I"..\..\include\QtGui" -I"..\..\include\QtGui" -I"..\..\include" -I"c:\MySql\include" -I"." -I"..\..\include\ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc\debug_shared" -I"." -I"..\..\mkspecs\win32-g++" -o tmp\obj\debug_shared\gotocelldialog.o gotocelldialog.cpp
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Qt/4.3.0/Projects/gotocell'
g++ wordt niet herkend als een interne
of externe opdracht, programma of batchbestand.
mingw32-make.exe[1]: *** [tmp\obj\debug_shared\gotocelldialog.o] Error 1
C:\Qt\4.3.0\bin\mingw32-make.exe: *** [debug-all] Error 2

g++ wordt niet herkend als een interne
of externe opdracht, programma of batchbestand.
means 'g++' is not recognized as an internal or external command

all the external programs except gdb and ctag are in C:/Qt/4.3.0/bin/ zo i set the location of those programs to that directory.

jlbrd
6th September 2007, 07:02
Mingw is not properly installed, it is required to re-install it. I see in your results that make is called in the Qt/bin directory, certainly not a good idea.

eekhoorn12
7th September 2007, 18:14
Reinstalled it and now it works thanks

GreyGeek
11th September 2007, 20:38
QDevelop is great! :D

Not too fat, not to skinny. Just about right. If I wanted the kitchen sink I'd use emacs or Eclipse. If I wanted code completion to add properties and methods that didn't apply to the object I'm using I'd use Visual Studio.

I like the way QDevelop works. I like the size of its footprint. it's easy to use and it's fast.

Polish it, but don't turn it into a pig.

jlbrd
12th September 2007, 17:13
I work always to improve qdevelop. But also to keep it easy to use. It's for this reason that Designer is not embedded in the IDE and Assistant too. I work on the completion for the next version. It will add the members and properties of the inherited classes (sorry). The completion will be also very faster than the lasted versions. But although these modifications, I do not want to change it into a pig or other animal.

Ps: Your expressions (kitchen, pig etc.) are funny when they are translated in French :). Yes Google translate is my friend to write and read on this forum.

Thank you to appreciate and use qdevelop.

brokensword
16th September 2007, 09:20
Hi. Let me insert my 5 coins. Yes, QDevelop is good. I've tried to use it professionally. Everything any real developer needs is done on 5+. Except one, most important thing - debugging abilities. They are on 2-. If you put "more" debugging support to QDevelop - it will became hundred times popularer. There are no use of QDevelop for developer without debugging, because probably 90% of all time developer debugs his code.
There are no any good gdb front-ends on Windows platforms (I would use it in tandem with QDeveloper if it existed).

Believe me - code completion is also important, but it's nothing compared to debugging. Concentrate on debugging support and you will beat MS VS ;)

jlbrd
16th September 2007, 09:33
But qdevelop provide debugging functions.
Install gdb and set his location in menu "Tools|External tools", change the properties of the project to "debug" in "project properties", put breakpoints by right-clicks in line numbers (or F9, or menu), rebuild all, launch "Debug|Debug" or F5, the program stops on breakpoints. After use the menu "Debug" or the Toolbar.

brokensword
16th September 2007, 13:59
Existing functions are usefull just for simplest bugs fixing. For full program developing and supporting cycle following features are needed:

- View disassembled code (with tracing ability)
- Inserting breakpoints (memory r\w\e + conditional)
- Memory dump view (with drag/drop from disassembled code window etc)
- CPU Registers view\change

For example, you can look at debugging features of SlickEdit or Eclipse. Everything regarding debugging is not just nice features of IDE - they are absolutely MUST to have to fix most of bugs of usual code.

Until QDevelop haven't at least listed above features - it's usefull just for amateuring development. After their implementation it becames 1000 times powerfull as IDE for developing then now and for me it becames powerest then MS VS.

fullmetalcoder
16th September 2007, 16:52
Just wanted to warn everyone : I've just tried compiling and running SVN HEAD and it nearly killed my computer : ctags (and this time not etags but the "real" ctags, version 5.6 freshly recompiled) was started, presumably to build completion db, and remained running (about 80% CPU time...) for a dozen of minutes, without any change (QDevelop still show me the hideous "try later on" dialog every time I type a dot...) and then the computer started hanging (top says : 98%wa)... I switched to the Konsole tab from which I was running QDevelop, pressed CTRL+C and everything went back to "normal". I dunno whether the code is regressing or QDevelop hates my computer but there seems to be something quite wrong about completion...

jlbrd
16th September 2007, 21:01
brokensword: I understand your idea. First I am not sure that all professional developments need all these debugging features. But since you ask the question, it would be useful for you.
QDevelop will be never as much powerful than VS or Eclipse. A professionnal can buy MS and with it (and Qt commercial edition) can develop with the best IDE. How qdevelop can work better?

brokensword
16th September 2007, 21:30
95% functionality of such IDEs as VS, Eclipse are useless. They are never used by 95% of developers (like 95% of MS Office Word features are also never used by 95% of users etc). But there are features in each product which are used by more then half of all users.

Source editing, compilation and debugging - these are 3 main and only needed features in any code development process.

Answering to your question directly - how to make QDeveloper better (as for me - as good as VS, Eclipse, SlickEdit) - add more debugging features (at least these I've described above).

jlbrd
16th September 2007, 21:54
Ok. I will see if it's possible to add these features and how. I do not promise anything. Because the developpers of qdevelop have not much of time and are not many.

jlbrd
22nd September 2007, 09:28
Hi,
The code completion was not a very good feature in qdevelop because the time to display the completion list was very too long. I worked these last days to improve the speed and the power of this feature. Now a database is built and contains all Qt classes and his functions. So when the completion is asked for a Qt class, the list is read in the database and increase the speed. For the classes of the project, the list is built by the reading in the classes browser which is always up to date. But if a class is a project class which inherit of a Qt class, the list is built with both.
The database qdevelop.db is built the first time when it is empty. It is also possible to ask the build in the menu "Tools | Rebuild Qt classes" which will be needed when a new Qt library version will be installed.
This build ask many seconds to be performed and during it is built, the completion is not available and the message "Try to complete code later" is displayed. It's not a very big problem because the database is built in a thread in background and it is launched only one time.
If you are interested to test it, you can build the last svn version available at http://code.google.com/p/qdevelop/source
I am very interested to have your feedbacks and especially what does not work.

Thank you.

elcuco
22nd September 2007, 11:22
Having that that, and continuing jlbrd words, I would like to remind that the SVN/trunk version is still being developed, and the code quality will depend on the revision you choose from, so don't use it on production systems (like the QDevelop team does!).

Having said that, we still appreciate user feedback on the development code. Giving us feedback about this version will result in a better product once it's released.

xEsk
26th October 2007, 14:15
I'm using QDevelop 0.24 and is a quite good IDE for Qt4.

I found some issues and missings:
- When I type "." or something like this into a comment, the auto-complete function is launched!? Why? hehehe
- The auto-complete function take too much time to be displayed (argh! but it seems to be revised in future versions, that's nice!!)
- An important (under my point of view) IDE function, the "code complete". If some of you used the Delphi IDE, will know the funcion "Ctrl + Shift + C"... the basic function is: "I write the definition into the ".h" then I press the key combination and the implementation is auto-created into the ".cpp".
- The "Sync edit mode" is so usefull! To understand what it is, take a look to this link (http://dn.codegear.com/article/33278#6SyncEdit).

The spanish language have some mistakes hehe... If I have time, I'll try to fix them!

Best regards and nice Qt4 IDE!

elcuco
26th October 2007, 18:03
- The "Sync edit mode" is so usefull! To understand what it is, take a look to this link (http://dn.codegear.com/article/33278#6SyncEdit).

The spanish language have some mistakes hehe... If I have time, I'll try to fix them!

Best regards and nice Qt4 IDE!

Sync edit mode can be done, if QTextEdit provides a sane and easy way to handle multiple selections. I assume it can be done, but it's not that simple.

Spansish translations wrong? Send them to one of the persons in the about box, and he will be able to commit this for you. This should not be a big problem.

saugumas
19th November 2007, 21:26
I am quite new to linux and qt4, checked some IDEs. And have to say that QDevelop is really good! It has good user interface, debugging support, nice coding aids functions(automated new class generation, automated methods addition, etc), and more.

Keep going QDevelop developers! :cool:

Regards,
Kestas

THRESHE
20th November 2007, 16:22
Hello everyone ! I've been using QDevelop on Windows and I find it quite good. Though debug didn't work for me.

But now I try to use it on Mac OS X. When I create a blank project or try to compile the old one I get error:
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

Please Help :crying:

saugumas
21st November 2007, 21:52
Hello everyone ! I've been using QDevelop on Windows and I find it quite good. Though debug didn't work for me.

But now I try to use it on Mac OS X. When I create a blank project or try to compile the old one I get error:
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

Please Help :crying:

check if correct qmake-qt4 location is defined in qdevelop settings.

Also i found that on qdevelop's svn new version(0.25) is available, which has improved funcionallity, and works stable, at least for me. I found it more convenient than eclipse with qt plugin or KDevelop(which is good too, but I can't get automatic code completion working).

saugumas
21st November 2007, 22:15
it would be great to have ability to create/edit templates in QDevelop

elcuco
21st November 2007, 22:57
it would be great to have ability to create/edit templates in QDevelop

Can you expand that wish? what kind of templates? can you design an exact wish list? maybe for 0.26

saugumas
27th November 2007, 20:53
Can you expand that wish? what kind of templates? can you design an exact wish list? maybe for 0.26

Ok, I will compare other IDEs and will try to compose exact wishlist, but maybe on weekend, these days I am pretty busy at university..

Thanks,
Kestas

fnmblot
12th December 2007, 15:00
I have to say, I have tried quite a few different Qt4 IDE's, and I keep coming back to QDevelop. My only wish for QDevelop is to have collapsable braces. I saw in the Enhancements section, it's called Code Folding. I hope it gets in soon. :D

Stojan
10th April 2008, 18:04
Hi
I have question regarding QDevelop.
The QDevelop ignores the brake points. It does call gdb, but somehow it does not pas to it brake points. By the way everything was working fine until yesterday. Then I was playing with environmental variables, within QDevelop, so maybe I did something wrong, which means the solution should be more less trivial.
Anyone knows what is the problem?
I am using OpenSuse 10.3 (KDE) with latest version of QDevelop

stevey
14th April 2008, 05:58
I've downloaded the latest binaries of v0.25.
I created a new project, left all the defaults except subclassed a main windows rather than dialog.
Then when I try to build the created project without modification I get "mingw32-make[1]: *** No rule to make target `build\ui_dialog.h', needed by `bin\Test2.exe'. Stop."

Any idea what's going on here? I would have thought a default project would at least build correctly.

elcuco
14th April 2008, 11:21
Update your Qt version, 4.3.4 should fix this problem.

GreyGeek
14th April 2008, 16:59
Give the version control package called "Baazar" a try. I think you'll like it.

fnmblot
14th May 2008, 17:41
Is work on QDevelop still going on? I haven't heard/seen a new version since 0.25.

elcuco
14th May 2008, 17:54
We will have to release some day a version that is compatible with Qt 4.4. Don't worry.

What new would you like to see in that version?

fnmblot
14th May 2008, 18:32
My biggest request is code folding. Everything else is awesome! I use QDevelop on a daily basis.

triperzonak
24th May 2008, 11:22
im using the latest qdevelop.. and im having problem on the constant checking of errors, "the warning signs". im using qdevelop under windows XP, many times while im coding it makes my computer crash or sometimes hang for some time. when i check my task manager it has 'multiple' g++,cplus which uses 10k of memory.

i wish i can on/off this constant checking of errors.

jlbrd
24th May 2008, 12:13
My biggest request is code folding. Everything else is awesome! I use QDevelop on a daily basis.
I presently works to provide the code folding in qdevelop.

im using the latest qdevelop.. and im having problem on the constant checking of errors, "the warning signs". im using qdevelop under windows XP, many times while im coding it makes my computer crash or sometimes hang for some time. when i check my task manager it has 'multiple' g++,cplus which uses 10k of memory.

i wish i can on/off this constant checking of errors.
Try to disable the "automatc compilation" in the options dialog.

triperzonak
24th May 2008, 14:26
ok thanks..

its possible dat qdevelop will have reporting tool?..

if qdevelop will have reporting tool, i think it will have an edge or a big advantage to other IDE's if it has, dats what i think..

jlbrd
24th May 2008, 15:51
What does it mean for you a reporting tool?

triperzonak
25th May 2008, 09:21
reporting tool just a tool in creating reports..

triperzonak
30th May 2008, 16:22
y is it that qdevelop syt is not on the home page of qtcentre.org in popular links.. while other IDE were there?

elcuco
30th May 2008, 19:44
Actually, if you click "More links" you will get to this page:
http://www.qtcentre.org/component/weblinks/

in which you can get to this link:
http://www.qtcentre.org/links/26-applications

Which means QDevelop (http://www.qdevelop.org/ , http://www.qtcentre.org/links/26-applications/56-qdevelop ) is listed here and does not have enough "Hits". I wonder what that is :)

pcmantinker
4th June 2008, 06:45
I thoroughly enjoy using QDevelop. It eases development time. I am still learning all the ins and outs of Qt, but this tool has helped a lot. I have successfully gotten Qt 4.4.0 to work in the current release of QDevelop. In Windows, I just copied the Qt 4.4.0 dependency dlls to C:\Windows\System32. In Mac, it worked automatically. I haven't tried setting it up in Linux yet with Qt 4.4.0 yet. I am still using 4.3.4 which is ok for now. With future releases, I'd like to see if you can add code completion similar to what is in Microsoft's Visual Studio. I know that will probably be difficult, but if you can try, I would appreciate it. If I think of other requests, I'll let you know. Thanks.

triperzonak
4th June 2008, 10:08
ur not using ctags?

pcmantinker
5th June 2008, 02:17
I'm using ctags, but it doesn't work the way that I thought it would. Maybe that's just me. I'd like to see something implemented similar Intellisense in Visual Studio.

With the current build, sometimes I get "Unable to create file" errors when I try to add a new file to a project. This is mainly in Windows XP. Do you know what might be causing that?

triperzonak
5th June 2008, 02:59
a bug report?

what steps will reproduce the problem? (ill try it too im using qdevelop in xp also)

by the way.. what are dll dependencies of qt 4.4 to qdevelop that should be copied in system32?

pcmantinker
5th June 2008, 03:11
For the bug: I just right click on the main project node in the project explorer. Then I click on Add New Item. When I click OK on whatever I try to add, it gives me the error "Unable to create file."
I don't know the exact list, but I copied all of the dlls in C:\Qt\4.4.0\bin to C:\Windows\System32 and just changed all of the paths of the external tools to their relative paths for Qt 4.4.0.

triperzonak
5th June 2008, 09:12
For the bug: I just right click on the main project node in the project explorer. Then I click on Add New Item. When I click OK on whatever I try to add, it gives me the error "Unable to create file."

try completing the location like src -> c:\myproject\src

triperzonak
5th June 2008, 09:16
after i install and configure QT 4.3.5, i try to build a simple default project in qdevelop.. like new project-> then build but i got this error..

Build (make)...
C:/MinGW/bin/mingw32-make.exe -f Makefile.Release
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Entering directory `C:/trial'
g++ -c -O2 -Wall -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"..\Qt\4.3.5\include\QtCore" -I"..\Qt\4.3.5\include\QtCore" -I"..\Qt\4.3.5\include\QtGui" -I"..\Qt\4.3.5\include\QtGui" -I"..\Qt\4.3.5\include" -I"c:\Qt\4.3.5\include\ActiveQt" -I"build" -I"build" -I"..\Qt\4.3.5\mkspecs\default" -o build\mainwindowimpl.o src\mainwindowimpl.cpp
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Leaving directory `C:/trial'
'g++' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
mingw32-make.exe[1]: *** [build/mainwindowimpl.o] Error 1
C:\MinGW\bin\mingw32-make.exe: *** [release] Error 2

Can anyone help me?

triperzonak
5th June 2008, 09:45
i found the answer:

i copied g++.exe from dir\mingw\bin...

why do we need to copy mingw\bin apps. to bin of qt? em i missing something?

then the the error was gone...

while im fixing the error i found a bug from qdevelop (latest).. i tried to copy all the file from mingw\bin then erase it one or by group to know what application fixed the error, i run rebuild everytiime i erase an application or group then suddenly after several run of rebuild (without editing the code) qdevelop crash..

Methedrine
5th June 2008, 10:31
i found the answer:

i copied g++.exe from dir\mingw\bin...

why do we need to copy mingw\bin apps. to bin of qt? em i missing something?

then the the error was gone...

while im fixing the error i found a bug from qdevelop (latest).. i tried to copy all the file from mingw\bin then erase it one or by group to know what application fixed the error, i run rebuild everytiime i erase an application or group then suddenly after several run of rebuild (without editing the code) qdevelop crash..

Yes you are missing something. QDevelop does not automatically add the mingw\bin directory to your environment. As such you must manually add the location of the mingw binaries to your PATH variable.

triperzonak
5th June 2008, 17:08
ahmm my question is y do we need to copy mingw\bin files to qt\bin by the way i have the path variable mingw\bin..

i already have use qdevelop i just upgrade to 4.3.5 from 4.3.2 then soon 4.4.0 after i finish my project.. to avoid "code shocks", :)

triperzonak
10th June 2008, 04:36
error on accessing "class::functions" on the combobox. in my case all the functions are triple but the other quick access on class::functions are wrong..

i saw the screenshots of qdevelop.0.26 it has this quick acess to class::functions i hope theres no bug in it. :)

pcmantinker
11th June 2008, 05:27
try completing the location like src -> c:\myproject\src
What do you mean by that? I'm confused. If you're talking about compiling the program, I have not been able to successfully compile it. I may have too new of a version of Qt. I'm using Qt 4.4.0 currently.

triperzonak
11th June 2008, 07:52
im talking about adding new item, like .h or .cpp .ui etc. in "location" complete the path.

maybe you will found some bug in qdevelop when you are using qt 4.4 to qdevelop.0.25 but im sure qdevelop team will fix it. its only a matter of time, i think they are contestants in the contest thats y they are bz..
:)

fnmblot
15th September 2008, 21:25
So is QDevelop dead? I haven't seen any updates since Dec 2007.

tone
22nd September 2008, 21:06
I compiled the qdevelop 0.25 from svn with Qt 4.4.1 and mingw 5.1.4 under windows and I get this really strange bug:

comment the following line with CTRL+D ( '|' marks the cursor location )

foo = |bar( baz );
and I get the following:

foo = //foo = bar(baz);bar(baz);|This also hapens with qdevelop compiled from latest svn ( rev 335 )
This is with Win XP SP2.

Has anyone already compiled qdevelop from source with Qt4.4.1? I wonder if this some Qt bug or incompatibility because I didn't touch the sources before compilation...

cheers,
--to

Muz
25th February 2009, 02:30
I have been working with QDevevlop on Linux without any problems. I have to switch to Windows for this project (WinXP).
I installed:
mingw 3.4.2
qt 4.4.3
and QDevelop 0.26
Added : C:\MinGW\bin to the path

I created a new project name test1. When I try to build it I get:

Update project (qmake test1.pro)...
Clean Project (make clean)...
C:/MinGW/bin/mingw32-make.exe -f Makefile.Release clean
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Entering directory `C:/Documents and Settings/mzviman1/My Documents/ProgrammingProjects/test1'
del build\moc_dialogimpl.cpp
del build\ui_dialog.h
del build\dialogimpl.o build\main.o build\moc_dialogimpl.o
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Documents and Settings/mzviman1/My Documents/ProgrammingProjects/test1'
C:/MinGW/bin/mingw32-make.exe -f Makefile.Debug clean
Could Not Find C:\Documents and Settings\mzviman1\My Documents\ProgrammingProjects\test1\build\moc_dial ogimpl.cpp
Could Not Find C:\Documents and Settings\mzviman1\My Documents\ProgrammingProjects\test1\build\dialogim pl.o
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Entering directory `C:/Documents and Settings/mzviman1/My Documents/ProgrammingProjects/test1'
del build\moc_dialogimpl.cpp
del build\ui_dialog.h
Could Not Find C:\Documents and Settings\mzviman1\My Documents\ProgrammingProjects\test1\build\moc_dial ogimpl.cpp
Could Not Find C:\Documents and Settings\mzviman1\My Documents\ProgrammingProjects\test1\build\ui_dialo g.h
del build\dialogimpl.o build\main.o build\moc_dialogimpl.o
Could Not Find C:\Documents and Settings\mzviman1\My Documents\ProgrammingProjects\test1\build\dialogim pl.o
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Documents and Settings/mzviman1/My Documents/ProgrammingProjects/test1'
Build (make)...
C:/MinGW/bin/mingw32-make.exe -f Makefile.Release
c:\Qt\4.4.3\bin\uic.exe ui\dialog.ui -o build\ui_dialog.h
g++ -c -O2 -Wall -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"c:\Qt\4.4.3\include\QtCore" -I"c:\Qt\4.4.3\include\QtCore" -I"c:\Qt\4.4.3\include\QtGui" -I"c:\Qt\4.4.3\include\QtGui" -I"c:\Qt\4.4.3\include" -I"c:\Qt\4.4.3\include\ActiveQt" -I"build" -I"build" -I"c:\Qt\4.4.3\mkspecs\default" -o build\dialogimpl.o src\dialogimpl.cpp
'g++' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
mingw32-make.exe[1]: *** [build/dialogimpl.o] Error 1
C:\MinGW\bin\mingw32-make.exe: *** [release] Error 2
---------------------- Build finished with 2 error(s) ----------------------

Following a suggestion on the web I copied g++.exe to the qt\bin directory.

What should I do next. BTW, all the external tools check OK.

Thanks,
Muz

jlbrd
28th February 2009, 09:42
Hello,
Please install the last 0.27 version available on qdevelop.org. A problem with spaces in directory names is fixed with this version.