PDA

View Full Version : How to set custom Qt plugin installation path when compiling with Visual Studio C++

giorgik
27th April 2023, 12:31
I created a new plugin in Qt Creator under Visual Studio C++ 2022 Community (having installed Qt VS Tools extension). Now I would like it to be placed automatically in the path C:\Qt\6.5.0\msvc2019_64\plugins\designer. How can I tell it from project properties in Visual Studio C++ 2022 Community ?

d_stranz
27th April 2023, 16:24
I created a new plugin in Qt Creator under Visual Studio C++ 2022 Community

Qt Creator and Visual Studio are two different, independent development environments. Which one are you using for your development?

I do not use the VS Community edition, but I am pretty sure the settings will be similar if not the same as the commercial edition. In Visual Studio, right click the name of your project in the Solution Explorer pane. Select Properties. When the Property Pages dialog appears, click the General category from the Configuration Properties tree. Be sure you have selected the Release configuration at the top of the dialog, then change the "Output Directory" setting to "C:\Qt\6.5.0\msvc2019_64\plugins\designer". Click OK, then save your project. See the attached screenshot.

giorgik
28th April 2023, 06:25
Qt Creator and Visual Studio are two different, independent development environments. Which one are you using for your development?

I do not use the VS Community edition, but I am pretty sure the settings will be similar if not the same as the commercial edition. In Visual Studio, right click the name of your project in the Solution Explorer pane. Select Properties. When the Property Pages dialog appears, click the General category from the Configuration Properties tree. Be sure you have selected the Release configuration at the top of the dialog, then change the "Output Directory" setting to "C:\Qt\6.5.0\msvc2019_64\plugins\designer". Click OK, then save your project. See the attached screenshot.

Thanks you