PDA

View Full Version : QT 4 Toolkit Installation Guide

Salazaar
28th May 2007, 09:04
Someone's looking for 100% correct Qt Installation Guide? Here it goes!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qt_4_Toolkit_Installation_Guide

Michiel
28th May 2007, 09:55
Zalazaar, I've noted several problems with your article on its discussion page. You might want to take a look at that.

Other than that, I think the article might be useful. But I'm not sure Wikipedia is the right site for it.

wysota
28th May 2007, 11:28
Any special "instructions" are not really necessary. I have a simple, two step installation guide:
1. download and launch the Qt4+mingw bundle.
2. Use "Qt command prompt" menu item to start a shell where you can develop applications using Qt4.

Using such "guides" as the one quoted is not really a good idea. When you modify your installation your environment might break down. It's better to stick with the automatic installation.

Salazaar
27th October 2007, 23:05
2. Use "Qt command prompt" menu item to start a shell where you can develop applications using Qt4.
I do not really understand what do you mean. I thought you must set the env. variables manually, so could you tell me please step by step how to configure qt as you had mentioned in this one step??
Regards

jpn
27th October 2007, 23:30
I thought you must set the env. variables manually, so could you tell me please step by step how to configure qt as you had mentioned in this one step??
There are no magical steps. :) Once you install qt-win-opensource-M.N.P-mingw.exe you'll get a start-menu item called Qt by Trolltech vM.N.P (OpenSource)\Qt M.N.P Command Prompt. It will automatically adjust environment variables so that you can compile projects with corresponding Qt version.

Salazaar
27th October 2007, 23:50
I have the installation file named:
qt-win-opensource-4.2.3-mingw.exe
but I don't think it really matters, does it?
Regards
p.s. my computer is after formating so I got lost in installation, I've been doing it about half a year ago:)

jpn
28th October 2007, 07:54
I have the installation file named:
qt-win-opensource-4.2.3-mingw.exe
but I don't think it really matters, does it
So install it and you'll get a start menu item, amongst a few others:

Qt by Trolltech vM.N.P (OpenSource)\Qt 4.2.3 Command Prompt
Just launch the Qt Command Prompt and you'll see how it sets environment variables. You will be able to use qmake and other tools shipped with Qt and you'll be able to launch applications linked against Qt.