PDA

View Full Version : Multiple destination target

mdecandia
4th June 2007, 16:10
Hi all,
I need that on the end of compiling the target should be copied on multiple destination paths. May I specify it in .pro file?

I use

target.path = $DESTDIR
INSTALLS += targer

for specify destination dir.

I've tried to specify multiple destination paths in target.path variable but it doesn't work.

Any idea?
Thanks,
Michele De Candia

high_flyer
4th June 2007, 17:09
I don't know if this is possible, and I would be surprised if it was.
What do you need that for?

marcel
4th June 2007, 17:12
Why don't you make a script for each platform on which you plan running your app?

mdecandia
4th June 2007, 17:27
Hi need to distribute the target executable on more machines by nfs shared partitions and the idea is to make it by "make install"

mdecandia
13th June 2007, 09:38
What about if I need to execute some batch command at the end of install process and I want to do that into "make install" command?

wysota
13th June 2007, 10:25
I use something like this to perform a regular install:

INSTALL_SPECS += wwwidgets.prf
mkspecs.files = $$INSTALL_SPECS
mkspecs.path = $$[QT_INSTALL_DATA]/mkspecs/features
INSTALLS += mkspecs

I think that you can use the ".command" property to issue the command to be executed. I'm not sure of that though, but it's worth to try. If not, then simply provide multiple install entries, possibly using some kind of stencil.

mdecandia
13th June 2007, 11:51
I use something like this to perform a regular install:

INSTALL_SPECS += wwwidgets.prf
mkspecs.files = $$INSTALL_SPECS
mkspecs.path = $$[QT_INSTALL_DATA]/mkspecs/features
INSTALLS += mkspecs

I think that you can use the ".command" property to issue the command to be executed. I'm not sure of that though, but it's worth to try. If not, then simply provide multiple install entries, possibly using some kind of stencil.

I can't find documentation about ".command" property . Where I can fid it?

wysota
13th June 2007, 12:05
It might not be documented. First try if it works at all, because it might not. It holds the command to execute. Usually it's used to define external compilers, but there is a chance install targets are implemented as such as well.

mdecandia
13th June 2007, 15:41
On which variable I may try .command property?

jpn
13th June 2007, 16:42
On an install target.