PDA

View Full Version : QWT Lib

steg90
6th June 2007, 15:17
Hi,

I have managed to build QWT library and was wondering how do I go about adding the qwt designer plugin into Visual Studio.Net so I can use the QWTPlot widget?

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Steve

jpn
6th June 2007, 15:28
Copy them to

C:\Program Files\Trolltech\Qt VS Integration\plugins
or something similar depending on where the integration package is installed.

steg90
6th June 2007, 15:40
Thanks for that, I copied qwt_designer_plugin.dll to the location you suggested and though I would have seen some more widgets appear when I started visual studio.net, but no, no extra ones?

Regards,
Steve

steg90
6th June 2007, 15:47
Hi,

I can see the new widgets when I just use the designer stand-alone, this is strange.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Steve

steg90
6th June 2007, 17:04
I've given up now with this, tried all sorts of possible solutions, but visual studio.net still fails to show the new widgets, yet in designer they appear.

I don't really want to have to reinstall QT4.3 as I'm on an evaluation version. I guess I can create these widgets dynamically?

Regards,
Steve

jpn
8th June 2007, 09:39
This might be a problem with Qwt since the approach mentioned above seems to work fine for a custom widget plugin of my own.

steg90
8th June 2007, 10:07
I think you could be right. I can manage to create the Qwt objects dynamically, but only if I build the library to the same configuration as my application, i.e.if my application is running in debug mode, the Qwt library has to be built in debug mode. If I don't do that and just use the release Qwt library with my debug build of my app, every time I create a Qwt object, my application just exits :confused:

Regards,
Steve