PDA

View Full Version : QDialog with wordrap-activated Label: disfunctional Layout

kiker99
9th June 2007, 23:05
Hallo,

To reproduce: create a QDialog, for example in Qt Designer, and put a Wordwrap-activated label and a button below it, and set a vertical layout for the dialog. Set the label to some text that the text gets splitted into more than one line. (it's enough if it's long enough to be splitted before the dialog reaches it's minimum size in normal layout mode)
If you then open preview mode, you'll notice that the dialog can be resized up to 0,0. This isn't normal behaviour - test it without wordwrap oder a short text in the label.

I've tested this in Qt 4.3, 4.2.1 and 4.1.4. Is this a feature? Oo
I really don't like this behaviour. I want my app to always respect the minimumSizeHints set - but also want to use the wordwrap on labels.

btw: behaviour is the same in the real app - not just Qt Designer.

thx,
andre

marcel
10th June 2007, 11:07
You most likely did something wrong...
Take a look at the attached UI. I have tested it with Qt 4.2.2 and with Qt 4.3, and I haven't found any problems.

Regards

kiker99
10th June 2007, 16:50
It's the same here with your dialog. I can resize it down to 8x24 (Windowmanager minimum).

Which version are you using? On which OS did you test it?

I'm using commercial Edition 4.3/4.2.1/4.1.4 with X11 (Linux). I'll test it with open source version and Windows later today.

marcel
10th June 2007, 16:56
I tested with 4.3 and 4.2.2 commercial on Windows. It can get resized to a minimum width of 100 OR a min height of 100( but the entire text is visible ).

kiker99
11th June 2007, 00:18
On Open Source/Win everything's fine here. Can someone test this problem on Linux? Or is it just me :eek:

kiker99
12th June 2007, 17:37
Please just try with Marcel's ui-file and Linux. I'll contact trolltech support and post the reply, if nobody can help me here.