PDA

View Full Version : create_prl and link_prl

discostu
13th June 2007, 21:08
My application uses some libraries (that I wrote) which it statically links. When I recompile those libraries, I want my application to relink to those libraries when I "make" it. Right now it still just says "Nothing to be done for `first'"

The only info I've found on this is to put CONFIG+=create_prl in the .pro for the libraries and put CONFIG+=link_prl in the application's .pro. I've done this, but didn't seem to work. The .prl files don't seem to have anything about their sources/headers inside them.

The libraries and the .prl files go in a subdirectory lib/ and the libraries sources are in subdirectories in include/

Is this the correct way? If so what else do I need.

discostu
14th June 2007, 18:51
So no one knows how to setup qmake so that when static libraries are recompiled, the application will re-link against them?

Thanks.

jftaylor21
8th January 2010, 17:20
I am also having this problem.

SPQRUSA
15th January 2010, 00:00
Ditto - I am having this problem as well. I've tried adding LIBS+= -L<path_to_lib.a> -l<lib> and it works if the <lib> is already compiled. But, I want make to detect changes to <lib> and automatically recompile it.

lorebett
17th August 2010, 14:41
same for me... I also filed a bug... http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-12901

scrat75
4th July 2011, 16:05
Hi,
I also faced the same problem!!