I set my path to /usr/local/Trolltech/QtopiaCore-4.1
When i try to start qtopia designer a error popping up see error
WSSocket::connectToLocalFile connection refused : Verbinding geweigerd
QAbstractSocket::waitForReadyRead() is not allowed in UnconnectedState
No Qtopia Core server appears to be running.
If you want to run this program as a server,
add the "-qws" command-line option.

I have read in the install that qtopia needs to run on Linux Framebuffer or Virtual Qtopia Core Framebuffer.
Must i recompile the kernel to set the framebuffer or can i set the framebuffer in /etc directory or somewhere else.

axeljaeger
19th February 2006, 21:39
I think you have to install Qt/Desktop too. It comes with the framebuffer emulator. The framebuffer emulator ist desktop application and the framebuffer is the part in the window. Once you have compiled Qt/Desktop, start qvfb. It is located either in the bin-dir of Qt/desktop or in tools. Then start your Qtopia app using paramteters -qws -display QVFb:0

I think it does not make sense to start the designer in the framebuffer because you can also use the designer from your Qt/Desktop installation.

AP.Sakkthivel
20th February 2006, 03:56
Dragon, Are you using Qtopia core 4 for development...

kindly map the thinks available in the Qtopia 2 with Qtopia 4 on developer's view and

what are the PIM libararies could be linked against Qtopia 4 ...

thanks a lot

Regards

dragon
20th February 2006, 17:55
Dear axeljaeger

I think you have to install Qt/Desktop too. It comes with the framebuffer emulator. The
framebuffer emulator ist desktop application and the framebuffer is the part in the window. Once you have compiled Qt/Desktop, start qvfb. It is located either in the bin-dir of Qt/desktop or in tools. Then start your Qtopia app using paramteters -qws -display QVFb:0

I have also Qt-4.1.0-rc1 before i compiled QtopiaCore.
I search for qvfb in Qt-4.1.0-rc1 in the bin-dir and in other direktory's on the system but no qvfb file found.

Only in the QtopiaCore-opensource-src-4.1.0 in the /tmp i have found in tools qvfb file.
Where can i find the qvfb file.

axeljaeger
20th February 2006, 18:08
Documentation from Trolltech says that it should be located in $QTDIR/tools:

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.1/emb-qvfb.html

Do you have such a directory in either Qt installation and what are contents of these?

dragon
20th February 2006, 18:43
I have look in Qt-4.1.0-rc1 direktory no direktory /tools

I 'am now making a new installation of Qt-4.1.0 its compiling now.
If i look at the compiling result in the console so far i see that Qt must make a directory called tools.
If the compiling is finished there no direktory called /tools in my /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.1.0.
Is this a bug?

axeljaeger
20th February 2006, 18:47
Not in /usr/local/Trolltech/whatever but the directory you unpacked the source. Also have a look wether there is a similar directory in the sourcetree of Qtopia Core.

dragon
20th February 2006, 19:52
Yes there is in /tmp directory where i unpacked the Qt-4.1.0 a directory /tools with qvfb.
If i compile Qt-4.1.0 then the qvfb will automatic compile with in it ?.

axeljaeger
20th February 2006, 19:56
Which Qt is your Qt 4.1? Desktop or embedded (Qtopia core). Where in the sourcetree did you found that qvfb-thing? I doubt there is a file /tmp/qvfb.cpp on your harddisk. The thing is: There is a driver for qvfb and there is qvfb itself. I don't know to which that files belong you found. The trolltech doc I gave you mentioned a flag -qvfb that you should pass to ./cofigure.

dragon
20th February 2006, 20:49
Qt-4.1.0 Desktop Edition ( qt-x11-opensource-src-4.1.0).
I have unpacked in /tmp/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.0.1
In the qt-x11-opensource-src-4.0.1 there is a directory /tools/qvfb
I have compiled the qt-x11-opensource-src-4.0.1 with ./configure -qvfb
thus with -qvfb flag.

axeljaeger
20th February 2006, 21:10
is there an executable named qvfb after compiling qt in that directory?

dragon
20th February 2006, 21:35
No there is not an executable named qvfb after compiling qt in that directory?
The directorty you mean /tmp/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.1.0/tools/qvfb

lpotter
21st February 2006, 00:33
I have look in Qt-4.1.0-rc1 direktory no direktory /tools

I 'am now making a new installation of Qt-4.1.0 its compiling now.
If i look at the compiling result in the console so far i see that Qt must make a directory called tools.
If the compiling is finished there no direktory called /tools in my /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.1.0.
Is this a bug?

You might have to manually compile qvfb. Remember to use x11 to do it. :)

dragon
21st February 2006, 18:56
Thanks axeljaeger for your time and answers.

The problem off qvfb is solved.
The compiling off Qt-4.1.0 Desktop Edition don't compile qvfb automaticly.
If i start ./configure -qvfb than compiler look first to the pro.files and he find also qvfb.pro.
When i start gmake or make than the compiler don't compile the qvfb.pro file but the rest off tools direktory he compile's.

I have manually compile the qvfb. in the /tmp/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.1.0/tools/qvfb.
I copied the excutable *qvfb to the /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.1.0/bin direktory.
It works now fine
Also thanks for Ipotter.

Byaptia
23rd August 2007, 10:55
Hi,

I think the Qtopia article on http://www.linuxdevices.com/articles/AT7319394180.html may be helpful in this discussion.

This popular white paper is written by some engineering folks from our organization Mindfire Solutions (http://www.mindfiresolutions.com).

I hope you find it useful!

Cheers,
Byapti