PDA

View Full Version : support of LVM in Mac Os X??????

jyoti
3rd July 2007, 07:25
hi all
i am working on Mac Os X 10.4

i basically wanna know is there any command line utility or command through which we can extend mac partition ...like in linux and windows there is named LVM ...or is there any way by which we can merge the volume with another volume or with the free space volume...
so is there any support of LVM in Mac Os X
free space partition (i think u got this is about which partition.) free spae partition ,this is basically the use less space created on the time of partitioning and installing the Mac OS X
as at the time of creating partition i had created the 4 partition

NAME SIZE FILE SYSTEM FORMAT
-----------------------------------------------------
1)UNTITLED 1 40GB HFS+
2)UNTITLED 2 14.1GB HFSX
3)UNTITLED 3 41.9GB HFS+
4)FREE SPACE 15GB FREE SPACE
(GIVEN BY OS BY DEFAULT) (FROM DROP DOWN LIST OF FILE SYSTEM
FORMATS ON TIME OF PARTITIONING)

SO EITHER EXTEND THE HFSX PARTITION WITH THE HFS+ PARTITION OR HFSX PARTITION WITH THE FREE SPACE OR HFS+ PARTITION WITH THE FREE SPACE OR HFS+ PARTITION WITH THE HFS+ PARTITION

PLEASE DO TELL ME IF IS THERE ANY WAY TO EXTEND OR MERGE OR RESIZE(NOT SPLITING ONLY INCREASING THE SIZE) COOMAND ON MAC OS X 10.4

jacek
3rd July 2007, 13:12
...like in linux and windows there is named LVM ...
LVM isn't just a tool that resizes partitions. It takes control over your physical disks and crafts virtual ones to your liking.

PLEASE DO TELL ME IF IS THERE ANY WAY TO EXTEND OR MERGE OR RESIZE(NOT SPLITING ONLY INCREASING THE SIZE) COOMAND ON MAC OS X 10.4
According to Google parted should be able to do it (http://lists.apple.com/archives/X11-users/2005/Aug/msg00055.html), but you can resize only the third partition.

And please don't shout.