PDA

View Full Version : Application migration from QT3 to Qt4

gary_qt
11th July 2007, 07:35
Hi All,
I am new to Qt world.Would like to know some information on Qt library.We have an qt embedded application build on qte 3.3..6 and now we want to globalise the application to all over world.I mean internationalisation added to application.
But there are some problem in qte3.3.6 library for glyph rendering of combiniing character for indian and thai language.So we thought to change the qte library to fix those issues. I have done some changes in the qte library but it won't helping me out.
However, i want to know if library is changed by me then do i require to modify the application also to reflect the correct glyph display.

Thanks in advance.

jpn
11th July 2007, 09:00
However, i want to know if library is changed by me then do i require to modify the application also to reflect the correct glyph display.
Yes, switching from Qt 3 to Qt 4 (or from Qt/Embedded 3 to Qtopia 4) does require some porting efforts (http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/porting4.html) if that's the question.

gary_qt
11th July 2007, 10:18
Hi again,
Thanks for infromation.But my understanding in my case is, i don't have to do to changes in the application. Let me explain one more time.
I added some internal function indic_shape of glyph drawing from qt.4.3 to qte3.3.6library and use the indic_shape for devanagiri and other indian language.
So i made changes only in qte library and that is w.r.t. to show combined character.
I can not insert the exact glyph to explain you clearly but let us assume.
character A + character B = character C
Here when two character A and B are coming from language.qm file then we need to display character c on screen but in reality AB is displaying.Same problem is coming in devanagiri language.
However here library code is modify then why the application should change???
As far as my understanding goes it won't application. Please confirm me.

jpn
11th July 2007, 10:20
Yes, you're right. Modifying a library like that does not require changes in the application.