PDA

View Full Version : In what order do you create program pieces?

Backslash
15th July 2007, 04:52
My question is this: Where do I start? (maybe this is too big of a question.)

I'm trying write a fairly simple program...some basic file IO, a couple of forms...nothing special. I'm a visual person so I've created the forms in designer already. Now I don't know what to program next.
I've looked though the tutorials and documentation extensively, but most examples include coding the GUI from the beginning. The one thing I thought would be useful, "Using a Component in Your Application" (from the designer manual), is a bit obfuscated to me and I'm becoming frustrated on what I feel should be within my means.

I know I need a main.cpp...In my limited understanding this seems to only start the program and display the main window. So where do I put my actual code...the meat of the program? Is it in cpp files for the individual forms?

I'm a bit confused, and maybe I'm looking at this all wrong...the last time I used Qt it was version 3. I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction, or as I have no aversion to reading, point me to something that can help.

Thanks for your time in reading this...looking forward to some replys,
Backslash

marcel
15th July 2007, 11:15
Well, you have some choices...
But I believe things will get clearer if you make some time to examine a bit the example programs that come with Qt.

You can see there the structure of simple Qt applications, which you can follow and write your own.

Regards

Backslash
15th July 2007, 18:18
Thanks very much, I don't know why I didn't take a more in-depth look at those. I'm going to jump into some of them tonight.

Thanks again, I'm enjoying this forum already.
Backslash