PDA

View Full Version : Need coding buddy/mentor

ad5xj
19th July 2007, 17:56
I have a small project I need help on from someone experienced with Open Source Qt 4 and g++. I am learning Qt and any helper would need tons of patience to mentor. Not to write the code, but show me how to do it. Caution! I may ask, what to you may be, stupid questions.

If you are brave and have the patience, contact me directly.

marcel
19th July 2007, 18:04
:) Yeah, I don't know if anybody is willing to do that...
Why don't you post here whenever you get into trouble? There is always someone with a solution.
(There have been tutoring cases before, just look at the threads with 3+ pages in the newbie section :) - I won't say the name ).

Regards

ad5xj
19th July 2007, 18:19
Ok, I will give it a try. But the results from the past have not been good.

I am using text edit boxes to collect data to store in a SQLite database. In most Windows programs the enter key can be directed to change focus (as in VB). I have not found a way to change focus with the enter key in a text edit box. Trying to capture the key press event has not been particularly successful. There is very little documentation or examples to go by for this particular aspect. The goal is to make a cross platform app (Windows, Vista, Linux, Mac, etc) that works the same on all. I don't want the Windows conventions to dominate but this one is fairly common and expected.