PDA

View Full Version : Need help installing.

Morea
21st February 2006, 23:37
http://www.sortinonline.it/download/docs/devel/QT4_Dev-C++.zip

I have followed the instructions in the file above, but I've missed something. I either get "missing reference vtable for MainWindow" if I try to create the simple easy default project that you get with each new project.
If I try to compile an old working project it complains about missing members. Oh. I'll try to send more information tomorrow, but if someone has any better method of integrating Dev-C++ and Qt 4.1 open source, please report them.

Bojan
22nd February 2006, 01:04
I have followed the instructions in the file above, but I've missed something. I either get "missing reference vtable for MainWindow" if I try to create the simple easy default project that you get with each new project.

Make sure you are using Q_OBJECT macro in your class declaration. If you are, then something is going wrong with building, and moc isn't run, or isn't run correctly. As I don't use Dev-C++, I can't really help you. Look into the .pro file, and maybe post it here. Also, post the code too.

If I try to compile an old working project it complains about missing members.

What do you mean by an "old" and "working"? If it's Qt3 than it wont work with Qt4. Is it Qt4, and works when you build it from command line, but doesn't work when built from the Dev-C++ environment? What are the exact errors, and the offending code? This could be a completely unrelated problem.

Oh. I'll try to send more information tomorrow, but if someone has any better method of integrating Dev-C++ and Qt 4.1 open source, please report them.

Can't help you directly with that, as I don't use Dev-C++. qmake + make works for me.

Bojan

Morea
22nd February 2006, 07:53
Here is the code that doesn't work:

main.cpp

#include <QApplication>

#include "mainwindow.h"

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
QApplication app(argc, argv);
MainWindow *MainForm = new MainWindow;
MainForm->show();
return app.exec();
}
mainwindow.h

#ifndef MAINWINDOW_H
#define MAINWINDOW_H

#include <QMainWindow>
#include "mainwindow_ui.h"

class MainWindow : public QMainWindow
{
Q_OBJECT
public:
MainWindow(QWidget * parent = 0);
private:
Ui::MainWindow ui;
};

#endif
mainwindow.cpp

#include <QtGui>

#include "mainwindow.h"

MainWindow::MainWindow(QWidget *parent)
: QMainWindow(parent, 0)
{
ui.setupUi(this);
}

mainwindow.ui

<ui version="4.0" >
<author></author>
<comment></comment>
<exportmacro></exportmacro>
<class>MainWindow</class>
<widget class="QMainWindow" name="MainWindow" >
<property name="geometry" >
<rect>
<x>0</x>
<y>0</y>
<width>425</width>
<height>248</height>
</rect>
</property>
<property name="windowTitle" >
<string>Test QT DevCPP</string>
</property>
<widget class="QWidget" name="centralWidget" />
</widget>
<pixmapfunction></pixmapfunction>
<resources/>
<connections/>
</ui>

And here is the compile errors

Compiler: Qt
Building Makefile: "E:\slask\Qt1\Makefile.win"
Executing make clean
rm -f mainwindow.o main.o mainwindow_moc.o Project1.exe
g++.exe -c mainwindow.cpp -o mainwindow.o -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/include" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/backward" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/mingw32" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.0/include" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.0/include/QtGui" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.0/include/Qt" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.0/include/QtCore" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.0/include/QtDesigner" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.0/include/QtNetwork" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.0/include/QtUiTools" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.0/mkspecs/win32-g++" -I"C:/QT/4.1.0/mkspecs/win32-g++" -I"C:/QT/4.1.0/include" -DWIN32 -ansi -fexceptions
g++.exe -c main.cpp -o main.o -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/include" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/backward" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/mingw32" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.0/include" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.0/include/QtGui" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.0/include/Qt" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.0/include/QtCore" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.0/include/QtDesigner" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.0/include/QtNetwork" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.0/include/QtUiTools" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.0/mkspecs/win32-g++" -I"C:/QT/4.1.0/mkspecs/win32-g++" -I"C:/QT/4.1.0/include" -DWIN32 -ansi -fexceptions
g++.exe -c mainwindow_moc.cpp -o mainwindow_moc.o -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/include" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/backward" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/mingw32" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.0/include" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.0/include/QtGui" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.0/include/Qt" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.0/include/QtCore" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.0/include/QtDesigner" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.0/include/QtNetwork" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.0/include/QtUiTools" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.0/mkspecs/win32-g++" -I"C:/QT/4.1.0/mkspecs/win32-g++" -I"C:/QT/4.1.0/include" -DWIN32 -ansi -fexceptions
g++.exe mainwindow.o main.o mainwindow_moc.o -o "Project1.exe" -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib" -L"C:/Qt/4.1.0/lib" -L"C:/QT/4.1.0/lib" -lmingw32 -lqtmain -lQtCore4 -lQtGui4
mainwindow.o(.text+0x16f):mainwindow.cpp: undefined reference to `vtable for MainWindow'
mainwindow.o(.text+0x17b):mainwindow.cpp: undefined reference to `vtable for MainWindow'
mainwindow.o(.text+0x25b):mainwindow.cpp: undefined reference to `vtable for MainWindow'
mainwindow.o(.text+0x267):mainwindow.cpp: undefined reference to `vtable for MainWindow'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make.exe: *** [Project1.exe] Error 1
Execution terminated

I have followed these instructions
http://www.sortinonline.it/download/docs/devel/QT4_Dev-C++.zip

Morea
22nd February 2006, 10:48
In that case, please have a look at this thread
http://www.qtcentre.org/forum/showthread.php?t=825

Sorry for this crossposting but I have been fighting with this problem far too long now.

KjellKod
22nd February 2006, 11:30
The zip file you referred to was a mess (.QTApplication.zip) Some files had to be re-named etc.
The Example_Qtui.zip was not possible to compile. One include file was blank.

After messing with re-naming I could compile and run the files under QTApplication.zip. I did not encounter the problems you mention.

I generated new .pro file with
qmake -project
new makefile with
qmake -o Makefile
and compiled with gmake

Morea
22nd February 2006, 11:34
So you've managed to get dev-c++ to work with this? I'm amazed. But you can't get it to compile without running qmake explicitly in a command window?

high_flyer
22nd February 2006, 11:51
From the output of the compiler it looks like moc is not being called.
You need to create a pro file (in command line: qmake -project).
This will create a pro file.
Then you do a qmake <yourprofile.pro>, this will create a make file.
In Dev-C++ you need then, in the option tell the IDE to use that makefile with the current project.

wysota
22nd February 2006, 11:53
And make sure you have a header file for your class containing Q_OBJECT. moc only searches header files for Q_OBJECT macro.