PDA

View Full Version : libqui and libstdc++.so.6 (and 5)

nass
27th July 2007, 13:25
hello everyone,
if i am not mistaken libqui for qt-3.3.4 and 3.3.6 is compiled based on
libstdc++.so.5 . correct?

so if i compile my application with libstdc++.so.6 ... the probably will be some problem right?

thing is i have this application that i started development on last year. since it is running on an embedded arm processor, the normal step for me is to compile the arm executable through scratchbox. so far no problem had shown up.

however, i recently had to re-install scratchbox from scratch and the toolchain contains libstdc++.so.6 instead of 5.. obviously if i had the old toolchain i would have used that instead that had the v5 instead of the v6, but i dont.

so i recompiled as always the application and it did so smoothly. only a warning message came up saying:
/scratchbox/compilers/arm-linux-gcc3.4.cs-glibc2.3/lib/gcc/arm-linux/3.4.2/../../../../arm-linux/bin/ld: warning: libstdc++.so.5, needed by /usr/share/qt3/lib/libqui.so, may conflict with libstdc++.so.6

then i went on to run the app. it required v6 of the lib to be run so i provided that too.. it did run smoothly for the first few hours... but some time overnight it 'froze' for the 1st time...

so im thinking that its possible there is problem with the different versions, and that i should try to have the 'same' of these. and i have tried ALOT to find the old toolchain with no luck... i also tried compiling the QTlib from scratch inside scratchbox and it fails to compile in so many ways...

so i will ask.. is there a version of qt-3.3.4 or 3.3.6 that was compiled with libqui based on libstdc++.so.6 ?

thank you for your help
nass

jpn
27th July 2007, 20:53
is there a version of qt-3.3.4 or 3.3.6 that was compiled with libqui based on libstdc++.so.6 ?

Why not compile it yourself?

nass
30th July 2007, 10:24
seems impossible... i get thousands compiler errors when trying to compile it in scratchbox.....

jacek
30th July 2007, 21:42
seems impossible... i get thousands compiler errors when trying to compile it in scratchbox.....
Could you post the first error message?