PDA

View Full Version : Problems with "jpeg" library (I guess)

SkripT
8th January 2006, 00:59
Hi all, I am working with Qt4 Opensource Version for Windows XP. I have a strange problem :mad: : when I try to save a QImage with format "jpeg", the quality parameter seems to be omitted and the final result has always the same size. I don't know why. I've tried to save the image with the class QImageWritter but the result is the same. Has anybody the same problem or knows how to solve it? Thanks.

fullmetalcoder
11th January 2006, 09:41
You may try to recompile Qt with full JPEG support.
I think it's basically supported as a plugin but libjpeg is provided with the sources so it shouldn't be too hard (maybe a little bit long but well...)

SkripT
11th January 2006, 19:38
Sorry, I've been looking the configure options but I don't see anyting related with full jpeg support. The only thing I see is that I can choose between the system jpeg library or the one from Qt. I actually am usin the Qt libary (plugins/imageformats/qlibjpeg1.dll) or so I think. Could you tell me how to recompile with full jpeg support, please? Thanks

SkripT
21st January 2006, 23:55
Anybody could explain me if my problem is that I have to re-compile with full jpeg support. And, in this case, how to do it. Thanxs

dimitri
22nd January 2006, 15:38
There's no such thing as "full JPEG support" in Qt - either support for JPEG is built in or not.

Which version of Qt is this?
80903 - Setting Jpeg Quality does not work (http://www.trolltech.com/developer/tasktracker.html?method=entry&id=80903)

SkripT
22nd January 2006, 17:58
Thanks, I understand all now. It was really strange that changing the quality nothing happens. Do you know if there's a new version for Windows with this bug fixed??

GreyGeek
24th January 2006, 17:50
Thanks, I understand all now. It was really strange that changing the quality nothing happens. Do you know if there's a new version for Windows with this bug fixed??

Yes, it's called "Linux"!:D

wysota
24th January 2006, 21:23

The bug is mentioned as "fixed", so I guess you download the newest daily snapshot from TT page and it should be there.

SkripT
25th January 2006, 00:15
Thanks again