PDA

View Full Version : Designer plugin - creating a container widget

yop
8th August 2007, 14:15
Hi everybody,
has anyone created a container widget in a designer plugin? I mean creating a plugin that when overiding the QWidgetPlugin::isContainer() returns true? I have created a widget that just inherits QDialog and nothing else, the plugin gets integrated nicely but the resulting widget is not editable from the designer. All the custom widgets, that are not container widgets, I have plugged into designer are working nicely.

MrGarbage
8th August 2007, 17:00
I just posted a similar question. My container widget does allow me to drop controls
onto it so I have that much. It does not appreciate an attempt to place those controls
into a layout though...

yop
8th August 2007, 23:39
I can see that you are with Qt 4 having the same problem so we must be doing something wrong. But I can't see what this is... :confused:

wysota
9th August 2007, 00:06
Hi everybody,
has anyone created a container widget in a designer plugin? I mean creating a plugin that when overiding the QWidgetPlugin::isContainer() returns true? I have created a widget that just inherits QDialog and nothing else, the plugin gets integrated nicely but the resulting widget is not editable from the designer. All the custom widgets, that are not container widgets, I have plugged into designer are working nicely.

Don't make widgets that inherit QDialog. What's the point of doing that anyway? Have you tried inheriting QWidget instead?

I just posted a similar question. My container widget does allow me to drop controls
onto it so I have that much. It does not appreciate an attempt to place those controls
into a layout though...

Hard to say anything without seeing your code...

yop
9th August 2007, 09:20
Don't make widgets that inherit QDialog. What's the point of doing that anyway? Have you tried inheriting QWidget instead

Yeap, QWidget worked :). In the doc examples the one available for custom container widgets does inherit from QDialog. Anyway I don't really care QWidget is enough for my plugin.