PDA

View Full Version : emacs qt-mode

db
13th August 2007, 18:48
I've been working with QT4 for about 3 months. I perfer to use emacs as my main code editior and was wondering if someone had a good qt-mode.el or knew where I could get one. I tried the one that was in the emacs wiki page but is it buggy - can't seem to get it to work. The emacs is used both on linux and windows.

db
21st August 2007, 17:25
Well I've gotten a little closer to what I need. In web searches I found reference to agulbra-c++-stuff.el ... does anyone know where a copy could be found?

Gopala Krishna
21st August 2007, 19:30
According to the posts here (http://lists.trolltech.com/qt-interest/1999-09/msg00445.html) the file is supposed to be on server listed there.
Also according to this post, the solution listed in emacs-wiki seems to be similar to that of post.

I am using the emacs-wiki solution without much problem :)

db
21st August 2007, 21:53
I have also been using the solution on the wiki with some corrections. The one thing I can't get to work right is the indentation for the 'private slot:' and usually the following line. Instead of indenting it moves it all the way to the left.

Where you able to correct that problem?? If so what is the change?

Thanks for your response

Gopala Krishna
23rd August 2007, 18:51
I am using the jk/c-mode-common-hook defined in the emacswiki (http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/QtMode) without modification.
I don't have the problem which you have :confused:
OTOH the line previous to public slots: gets indented towards right (some 20 spacings) if empty and i press tab. But the moment i type any electric character everything works fine.
BTW I am using emacs-23-cvs-snapshot. Which version are you using ?

db
23rd August 2007, 19:34
I'm using the version with RHEL 4... I think it is 21.?? Anyway I still get the problem

Gopala Krishna
26th August 2007, 17:56
I'm using the version with RHEL 4... I think it is 21.?? Anyway I still get the problem

May be it is 21, but the monospaced font support is too good in 23. Also the new feature of using lisp expressions in replace-regexp is very handy :)