PDA

View Full Version : QWorkspace template for Designer?

grellsworth
15th August 2007, 16:07
OK, I understand you can download a QWorkspace widget from wwWidgets (or some place like that) so that you can add a QWorkspace widget to a form, but that if you use it, you will lack the abillity for customization.

Designer already provides a main window template, two dialog templates and a widget template, so why don't they have a Workspace template? Wouldn't that make things easier?

Just my opinion.

wysota
15th August 2007, 22:24
OK, I understand you can download a QWorkspace widget from wwWidgets (or some place like that)
Correct me if I'm wrong (:p) but that's for Qt3.

so that you can add a QWorkspace widget to a form, but that if you use it, you will lack the abillity for customization.
Yes, that's exactly why QWorkspace is not available directly in Designer by default.

Designer already provides a main window template, two dialog templates and a widget template, so why don't they have a Workspace template? Wouldn't that make things easier?

What would you do with such template? You can't place child widgets in QWorkspace as you can do with QWidget or QDialog, so what would be the point of having a QWorkspace template?