PDA

View Full Version : Can commercial qt be used with mingw g++ in MS windows

notsonerdysunny
27th August 2007, 21:30
Hi, I would like to know if the commercial qt be used with mingw compiler on windows? I would like to know if anybody has done this.
Sunil

marcel
27th August 2007, 21:35
But why don't you use the Open Source version, in this case?(unless you plan to develop a commercial app)
If you plan to use mingw, then VS integration will be useless, as well as the other commercial "pluses", which are there just to support development under VS or the intel compiler.

Other than that, there should be no problems in compiling Qt or Qt applications with the commercial version.

Regards

gfunk
28th August 2007, 00:52
I just tried it on Qt4.2.2 commercial source, using MinGW 3.2. (configure -platform win32-g++, mingw32-make). It actually compiles (but took a really long time, at least 2 hrs on my 3ghz pc)! Even the ActiveX stuff is compiled(libQAxContainer.a, etc). But I haven't tried to link anything yet. The libraries are a bit bigger compared to the ones generated by Microsoft's compiler. (QtGui4.dll is 7.8mb under mingw ... vs. 5.5mb for VC++)

ntp
28th August 2007, 23:52
You should be able to do it.

I started to do it. I compiled the Commercial QT sources mingw g++ and got that up and running. I then compiled my code but realized that I needed to link with libraries created in Visual C++ so it ended there. The two do not mix which is too bad because I wanted to debug in eclipse and qt and can only do that if I compile with mingw g++.

ChristianEhrlicher
29th August 2007, 10:57
You can compile open source Qt with mingw and msvc - and I don't see a reason why it should not be possible with the comemercial version either.

Jimmy2775
29th August 2007, 17:21
A few months ago we successfully compiled Qt Commercial with MinGW. As was previously mentioned, there are issues linking to libraries that were compiled with MSVC, but other than that we only had a few minor problems.