PDA

View Full Version : QT-Eclipse integration

LordQt
9th September 2007, 00:52
Hello friends,

I have try to integrate qt in eclipse and get some errors. The error i attached as screenshot

have you an idea what it is ???

twells55555
9th September 2007, 03:25
LordQt,

You have installed the trolltech Qt eclipse plugin? I installed that plugin with eclipse europa and my environment worked fine right out of the box.....building, running designer from inside eclipse, handling the .pro file, running....and it was my first time using eclipse as well....

tim

LordQt
9th September 2007, 14:23
Yes i have installed the plugin. I use also eclipse europa but it seems it is not working for be.

Can you explain the installation order. Which eclipse do you use. In what folder do you install the integration plugin? Have I forgot something?

marcel
9th September 2007, 14:44
You have to choose only the Eclipse install folder. The integration installer will figure out what is the plugin directory.

Regards

LordQt
9th September 2007, 15:00
So i have done it in the way that you figure out. But i have some other errors. See the attachments. I don´t know what it is ???????

LordQt
9th September 2007, 15:04
By the way the integrator has make two new folder in the plugin folder
first: com.trolltech.qtcpp.example
second: com.trolltech.qtcppdesignerplugins.win32.x86_0.9.5

LordQt
9th September 2007, 15:07
And i don´t install Eclipse europa. I just download the zip file and extract it and in the installation routine of the Qt Integration i just refer to the path of the extraction folder of eclipse !

marcel
9th September 2007, 15:11
Try a clean install of both Eclipse and Integration(delete eclipse and uninstall integration and install them from scratch).

By the way the integrator has make two new folder in the plugin folder
first: com.trolltech.qtcpp.example
second: com.trolltech.qtcppdesignerplugins.win32.x86_0.9.5

Yes, that's ok. You also have 6 trolltech jars in the plugins directory.

I must admit, I never tried version 0.9.5. I still have 0.9.0 installed.

But it should work, with the latest eclipse version and a clean install.

twells55555
9th September 2007, 15:13
First...I am working in Windoze...so if your working on a linux box or a mac this may not help.

I already had Mingw installed and had been using Slick Edit for my Qt coding for a while.....so Mingw was all set already. Nothing to do there, the qt plugin just found it or I pointed to it during the plugin install, I don't remember which....but it was painless.

I installed Eclipse Europa just using its setup program. Everything went smoothly and I didn't have to do anything else.

Then similiarly, I ran the install program for the Qt plugin I downloaded from the Trolltech site. That went smoothly as well and put a shortcut "Start eclipse with Mingw" on my desktop. I just launch eclipse with that shortcut and all the hooks are in eclipse for setting up a Qt project etc.... Once I set up the Qt project, designer and the other Qt stuff is available and has worked perfectly so far.

As I recall, the only folders I had to point to for Qt was top level Qt directory ( c:\Qt\4.2.2 in my case....not the Qt bin directory...) and the Mingw bin directory
(c:\mingw\bin in my case)....but in each case ..... each of those came when the qt project was setup in eclipse, not during install.

Did your install seem to go smoothly and it just doesn't work, or did you get some errors or what? What happens when you try to set up a Qt project?

tim

LordQt
9th September 2007, 15:30
First I work under Wondows. Second when I try to make a QtGui project I get an error see below at the attachment!!???

yushinee
14th September 2007, 18:42
You may have to check your JRE version.
The Eclipse integration is working with JRE 1.6. If you update your JRE it will work.

THRESHE
31st October 2007, 13:26
Does Eclipse support debug in Qt ? :confused: