PDA

View Full Version : problem while compiling qextserial port

jjbabu
10th September 2007, 13:03
Hi to all,
i am new to Qt.i am developing the GUI that should read the data comming from the serial port.i came to know abt "qextserialport" from google.i stuided privious threads on this this site as well as docs.i downloaded "qextserial port1.1" and extracted on my windows Os.after this i got various header files and example folder.

i copied all the files ".h",".cpp"(except posix files)and pasted into the "qestpa" (in examples folder)and then compiled to make the libraries.but here i am getting to many errors instead og getting libraries.
BELOW ARE THE ERRORS AM GETTING WHILE COMILING.

ject_script.qespta.Release -L"D:\Qt\4.1.1\lib" -L"D:\Qt\4.1.1\lib" -lmingw32 -l
qtmain -lQtGui4 -lQtCore4
./tmp\obj\release_shared\moc_qesptest.o(.text+0x0):m oc_qesptest.cpp: multiple de
finition of `QespTest::metaObject() const'
./tmp\obj\release_shared\moc_QespTest.o(.text+0x0):m oc_qesptest.cpp: first defin
ed here
./tmp\obj\release_shared\moc_qesptest.o(.text+0x10): moc_qesptest.cpp: multiple d
efinition of `QespTest::qt_metacast(char const*)'
./tmp\obj\release_shared\moc_QespTest.o(.text+0x10): moc_qesptest.cpp: first defi
ned here
./tmp\obj\release_shared\moc_qesptest.o(.text+0x60): moc_qesptest.cpp: multiple d
efinition of `QespTest::qt_metacall(QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)'
./tmp\obj\release_shared\moc_QespTest.o(.text+0x60): moc_qesptest.cpp: first defi
ned here
./tmp\obj\release_shared\moc_qesptest.o(.data+0x0):m oc_qesptest.cpp: multiple de
finition of `QespTest::staticMetaObject'
./tmp\obj\release_shared\moc_QespTest.o(.data+0x0):m oc_qesptest.cpp: first defin
ed here
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
mingw32-make[1]: *** [release\qespta.exe] Error 1
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `D:/Qt/4.1.1/repeater/qespta'
mingw32-make: *** [release] Error 2

PLEASE HELP ME TO GET THE LIBRARIES.am i doing right procedure or not?plz give some useful tips to get my application success.
thank u in advance,

jpn
15th September 2007, 13:01
Don't copy them like that. Just compile qextserialport in place, with shipped project file.

cd qextserialport
qmake
make

The library will be built and appears into /build subdirectory. Now go and compile the example in the same way. Notice how the project file of the example application takes qextserialport into use:

QESPTA.pro

INCLUDEPATH += ../.. # makes it possible to include qextserialport header files
QMAKE_LIBDIR += ../../build # adds a directory where qextserialport library was built to
LIBS += -lqextserialport # links the example application to the qextserialport library (found from the directory added above)