PDA

View Full Version : Greenphone mini USB socket problem

izico
25th September 2007, 05:25
Hi,everybody,

Today suddenly my greenphone USB ethernet don't work as before,lsusb on my host machine never show the greenphone ethernet present.

I reboot greenphone and check the USB config in both greenphone and my host machine,they are all ok.So I guess the USB cable is bad.

But my WinCE phone shows up in lsusb on my host machine when connecting by the same USB cable.

So I guess the mini USB socket is bad.

It's true.

I connect the USB recharger to greenphone,the recharger indication on home screen never show.

I've checked the mini USB socket on greenphone,the 5 copper contacts don't protrude enought to contact well with the USB cable copper contacts.My WinCE phone mini USB socket copper contacts protude much more than the greenphone,so it never fail to contact well with the USB cable.

But I want to make sure this is the problem,and if so,I may have to modify the mini USB socket?

Anybody have encountered same problem on greenphone?As Yuhua use the same kind of mini USB socket in product line,i think this should be a ubiqitous problem on greenphone.And someone may have a good solution to it already?

BTW,#qtopia@irc.freenode.net has few active guys,is there any other real time communication channels to discuss greenphone and qtopia online?

wysota
25th September 2007, 12:39
BTW,#qtopia@irc.freenode.net has few active guys,is there any other real time communication channels to discuss greenphone and qtopia online?

Try www.qtopia.net

izico
25th September 2007, 12:59
Hi,

thx,qtopia.net has only forum but real time communication.

I love IRC(internet realtime communication),if Troll hasn't acquire Fonav,I'll write an IRC program on Qtopia.

But under Trolltech's advice,I changed my idea to write a RSS news reader,and I'm working hard to finish it before Oct.31.

I'm glad to chat with anybody about news reader and IRC on Qtopia platform.

BTW,Lorn Potter has confirmed my guess: The USB connector becomes loose over time,and many early versions of greenphone have this problem.I've sent my return request to Troll support.Is my greenphone an early version?