PDA

View Full Version : KDevelop on Windows

Masih
11th October 2007, 21:08
Hi

I have a question. I recently had the chance to use the KDevelop on a Linux machine. I like to have it also on my Windows. I have not searched enough about it though.
Just wanted to know if it is possible? Has someone done that? Is it difficult or straight forward? :p

Thank you

wysota
11th October 2007, 21:48
When KDE4.0 comes out, you should be able to use KDevelop on Windows.

Masih
11th October 2007, 22:15

thanks. Do you know when is it supposed to be released? Is it going to be the stable version?>

wysota
11th October 2007, 22:34
Yes, when I say 4.0 I mean stable. Currently KDE4 is in second beta stage. The stable release is expected to be around Christmas, but knowing KDE it might be a bit later.

ChristianEhrlicher
12th October 2007, 08:08
Don't even expect that with KDE4.0 you'll have a working KDevelop (or any other kde app) on windows. We treat KDE 4.0 as early beta / alpha for the end user. 4.1 should be a 'normal' release then.

momesana
12th October 2007, 15:14
Yes, KDE will take at least 6-12 months to become usable after KDE-4.0 is released. I am checking out KDE-4.0 from svn on a weekly basis and unfortunately it is barely usable right now and I am talking about linux which has the highest priority for the developers.

ia32
29th October 2007, 18:43
Will there be Windows ports for KDevelop or will we have to run it under cygwin/KDE?

And what about other KDE apps? (specifically development tools, like Quanta Plus)

Brandybuck
30th October 2007, 17:48
Will there be Windows ports for KDevelop or will we have to run it under cygwin/KDE?
The goal is to have it run natively, requiring only the KDE and Qt libraries.

high_flyer
12th November 2007, 13:28
you might try KDE on Windows (http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_on_Windows).
I didn't try it (all though its on my (long) todo list), but if it works, you should be able to run KDevelop on it as well.