PDA

View Full Version : unsetCursor( )

ToddAtWSU
15th October 2007, 18:41
I am having problems getting unsetCursor( ) to work properly. Inside my QGLWidget, my cursor changes because of various reasons. But when I leave the widget I want to set the cursor back to normal. I have 2 QGLWidgets separated by a QSplitter so one widget is above the other. My code looks like this simple thing:

/**
@param event The pointer to the QEvent

@return void

@brief Checks to see if mouse cursor has left the widget

Checks to see if mouse cursor has left the widget so it
can reset the cursor to normal.
*/
void Plot::leaveEvent( QEvent* event )
{
unsetCursor( );
}

This is all I want to do in my leaveEvent for now. Plot is a QGLWidget. But if I move from the bottom of the top widget to the splitter with a unique cursor, the mouse changes to the split cursor for the QSplitter and then when I enter the other Plot object, the cursor goes back to the unique cursor although I never tell it to in the bottom object. Why does the cursor seem not to reset when I leave the top object even though my leaveEvent tells it to? Thanks again!

marcel
16th October 2007, 18:01
Are you sure the declaration of the handler is correct?
Make sure it is protected in you class.

ToddAtWSU
16th October 2007, 18:39
Yeah I have it under the "protected" section in my .h file. I know it gets entered into because I have put fprintf statements into it, and they print out.

One weird thing that occurred was if I set a break point in the code, and then continued after hitting the break point, the cursor would reset most the time. It didn't always reset but it would reset at least 9/10 times. But without the breakpoint, it would never reset. That to me is very strange.