PDA

View Full Version : adjusting GUI to different environment

jjbabu
16th October 2007, 05:31
hi,
i developed GUI for my application in windowsXp.my application contains Login and Mainwindow, which contains tabwidget.according to the my functionalities i build exe file.

when i run this exe on windows2000 it is looking vry odd,i mean tabwidget size is not addjusting with that OS pixel properties.
1.can i see windowsXp style formet in windows2000/98?
2.how my application dimensions automatically adjust with different environment(for different properties)?

please help me to overcome this problems.
thanx in advance.

nile.one
16th October 2007, 05:46
1. no, you can't. "windowsxp", "windowsvista" and "macintosh" styles are platform-dependent.
but you can use "cleanlooks", "windows" or some other Qt style, which is platform-independent. use QApplication's setStyle() for this.

2. if widget layouts differs depending on the platform, you can use QWidget's setFixedSize(width, height) function, but layouts themself are expected to take best fit, and maybe you are doing something wrong?

jjbabu
16th October 2007, 06:02
thanx for ur kind response nile.one,

2. if widget layouts differs depending on the platform, you can use QWidget's setFixedSize(width, height) function, but layouts themself are expected to take best fit, and maybe you are doing something wrong?

in my application layouts size is not changing,but when i change pixel properties on monitor its appearense is changing,what is the solution for this.

thanx in advance.

Brandybuck
16th October 2007, 17:58
in my application layouts size is not changing,but when i change pixel properties on monitor its appearense is changing,what is the solution for this.
When you change your monitor resolution, often the font sizes will change as well. Many Qt widgets will take font size into account when calculating their optimum size (otherwise the text would not fit). I suspect that this is what is happening.

It is not realistic to expect absolutely identical pixel perfect layouts on different monitor resolutions. If you need rigid control over the size of all widgets, then don't use layouts.