PDA

View Full Version : Qt 4.2.3 with C code

3nc31
17th October 2007, 04:35
Hi!!!!
I guess that this question had been asked yet, in fact I read here a post about it, but I don't understand.

So, I have to do a client - server application and I use Qt for the interface and C for the implementation.

I need to have client code on Qt :confused: . How can I do this??

I read that using qt binding for C like "qtc" I can do it, but where does it download?

If you give me detailed examples is much better!

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Brandybuck
17th October 2007, 06:42
Is there a reason you can't use C++?

3nc31
18th October 2007, 02:59
Yeah! It's a homework and due to directions I have to use C with Qt :confused:

Brandybuck
18th October 2007, 19:31
Then you will need to write C wrappers for the parts of Qt that you use. But you need C++ to write the wrapper in. This is an advanced topic, though.

p.s. That's if you can't find an up-to-date version of Qt/C. I don't know if one is available.

maird
19th October 2007, 22:05
So, I have to do a client - server application and I use Qt for the interface and C for the implementation.

That's an ambiguous requirement. It's a client server application so I assume it is two programs, a client and a server. For client server applications one could argue that the implementation of the application is the server program and the client is an interface. If your requirement is to use "Qt for the interface and C for the implementation" then you could assume that only the server program has to be in C. Write the server in C using no Qt and write the client in C++ and use bare Qt in the client program. Or, get less ambiguous requirements.