PDA

View Full Version : How can I create this application?

hgedek
17th October 2007, 16:00
I have a menu like a mobile phone menu.(the new ones)
On menu there are many pictures which are using as menu items.You will select them an "Enter" to its items.

Boss wanted to create menus like phones.A transparent box will walk on menu like phones.It will move to which folder was selected.So Is there a way I can do this in qt?

wysota
20th October 2007, 23:57
Could you further explain what you are trying to do? With some mockup pictures maybe?

hgedek
22nd October 2007, 14:47
ok I am sending the menu types.I really need this info.Because my boss is interested in this?

wysota
22nd October 2007, 15:22
Ok, but what is the problem? Did you try anything already?

DeepDiver
22nd October 2007, 15:29
http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/category/Graphics_View/

The trolls are building some cool new classes for Qt 4.4: QGraphicsView.

The very latest example - shown on the DevDay 2007 in Munich as well - should fill exactly
your needs.

Hope this helps,

Tom

hgedek
22nd October 2007, 15:45
Ok, but what is the problem? Did you try anything already?Actually no:Because I havent known enough info about qt yet.But thanks for answers all.And the link is really great.Thanks.

wysota
22nd October 2007, 16:16
Actually QGraphicsView is available in Qt since 4.2. I know Andreas tends to do everything through the graphics view (well.. he designed and implemented it, so I can't blaim him), but according to me all you need is a simple QListWidget or QTableWidget. All functionality you might need is already there...

DeepDiver
22nd October 2007, 16:34
Actually QGraphicsView is available in Qt since 4.2. I know Andreas tends to do everything through the graphics view (well.. he designed and implemented it, so I can't blaim him), but according to me all you need is a simple QListWidget or QTableWidget. All functionality you might need is already there...

You are right - no need for QGraphicsView to implement something like this.
But the idea was to give hgedek a running example - regardless of the technology.

On the other hand the example has cool-looking animations - bosses like something like this. :D:D:D:D

CU Tom

wysota
22nd October 2007, 19:19
A running example is the Qtopia application menu. I think it's the closest to what he wants, so even a simple copy&paste might suffice.

anafor2004
19th January 2008, 13:00
dear wysota
which menu is this could you give me a related link

wysota
19th January 2008, 17:21
Hmm... I probably meant this one: http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2007/09/05/thoughts-about-graphics-performance/

or the one that is in sources of Qtopia.