PDA

View Full Version : Reading a file containing function name, arguments and output, Ues it for test app.

kunalnandi
18th October 2007, 05:59
hello all,

I have to develop a test application for some API's and those API's i have to read from text file containing function name, arguments, and output are sapereted with tab... all API's are with different argumnet and i have to write a generic function that will read the file and get all the information from text file and use those information for test.

i got succes upto some extends, i.e, i am able to read the text file and use those parameter of files for test, but how should i make it generic for all API's, now i dont have any idea to proceed. If you need that application thn i will attach that application for your reference..

so can you suggest me how should i proceed to write that application..plssss :(

regards
kunal

high_flyer
18th October 2007, 09:41
i got succes upto some extends, i.e, i am able to read the text file and use those parameter of files for test,
It would help a lot if you could explain how you are reading the input file now, and in what way it is not generic.
In addition, it would help if you posted a typical section out of the input file.

kernel_panic
18th October 2007, 14:54
try QSettings or do it with XML.

fullmetalcoder
18th October 2007, 18:07
If I understand well you're basically looking for a parser, right? Now :

what data do you want it to generate?
what syntactic structure is it supposed to process?
how much performance do you need?
how much time are you ready to spend writing it?Answers to these questions would be good starting points for us to find some, at least partial, solutions...