PDA

View Full Version : Can't debug source file

oetzi
18th October 2007, 18:45
Hello,
i used the Qt Eclipse Integration –Plugin to build a very simple Qt-Debug-program.
After i tried to debug the source file in the Eclipse IDE only a Disassembly view with many assembler commands, which were debugged, appeared.
The main window showed me the message ‘source not available for “main()”’ and a button called ‘Disassmbly View’.
I don’t know if the entries in the ‘Open Dialog Dialog’ are right, especially the debugger and source entries are a mystery for me.
Please help me to debug my Qt-source files !

Thanks
oetzi

marcel
18th October 2007, 19:07
Are you sure you compiled your app in debug mode?

oetzi
19th October 2007, 17:21
Are you sure you compiled your app in debug mode?

Yes, no doubt, i compiled in debug mode.

The Disassembly View shows me the many assembler instructions, where the debugger steps
in the "main" module.
I'm also able to set a breakpoint ( in the debug perspective) in my source file called "main.cpp", but i cannot step single c++ instructions with the debugger in the "main.cpp"-file.

oetzi

oetzi
20th October 2007, 16:56
There was as solution for that problem:
After a complete reinstallation of eclipse 3.3 CDT and the Qt Eclipse integration Plugin i am able to debug also my source files.

oetzi

MarcSchubert
18th November 2007, 16:35
Hello,

i have got the same problem. What ist the exact version of your eclipse (java or cpp) and which version of CDT are you using (3.x.x or 4.x.x). I tried a lot on more then one computer, but i am not able to get it work for debugging.

Thx a lot

Marc

boboluo
27th December 2007, 07:46
i have got the same problem, too.

Tools list I am using :os windows2000
mingw
eclipse-cpp-europa-fall2-win32.zip
qt-win-opensource-4.3.3-mingw.exe
qt-eclipse-integration-win32-1.0.0.exe
I have tred innumerable times.

anybody help me???