PDA

View Full Version : Qt 4.3.2 opensource + Vista + VS2005 Error

DETconan
24th October 2007, 06:34
The process of configure.exe is finished with no error.

d:\qt-win-opensource-src-4.3.2>configure.exe -prefix D:\Qt4 -release -plugin-sql
-odbc -plugin-sql-sqlite -qt-gif -qt-libpng -qt-libmng -qt-libjpeg -saveconfig 0

After this, I run the nmake. After about twenty minutes, Error message is occupied like this:

link /LIBPATH:"d:\qt-win-opensource-src-4.3.2\lib" /LIBPATH:"d:\qt-win-o
pensource-src-4.3.2\lib" /NOLOGO /BASE:0x65000000 /INCREMENTAL:NO /DLL /MANIFEST
FILE:"tmp\obj\release_shared\QtGui.intermediate.manifest" /VERSION:4.32 /OUT:..\
..\lib\QtGui4.dll @C:\Users\Luffe\AppData\Local\Temp\nmA61A.tmp
Creating library ..\..\lib\QtGui4.lib and object ..\..\lib\QtGui4.exp
mt.exe -nologo -manifest "tmp\obj\release_shared\QtGui.intermediate.mani
fest" -outputresource:..\..\lib\QtGui4.dll;2

mt.exe : general error c101008d: Failed to write the updated manifest to the res
ource of file "..\..\lib\QtGui4.dll".
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"D:\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\mt.exe"' : retu
rn code '0x1f'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"D:\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : r
eturn code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

I am learner of Qt. Please help me.

ChristianEhrlicher
24th October 2007, 06:46
That's a msvc problem because mt.exe tries to update the manifest but the dll is still opened by another process. Try using ntfs as filesystem. Sometimes it's also working when you try to link it again (and again and again...). This was the reason why I switched to ntfs file system. There the filetimes are more accurate and the error does not happen.

DETconan
24th October 2007, 06:52
OK. I'll try it. Thanks a million for your reply.

DETconan
24th October 2007, 06:56
That's a msvc problem because mt.exe tries to update the manifest but the dll is still opened by another process. Try using ntfs as filesystem. Sometimes it's also working when you try to link it again (and again and again...). This was the reason why I switched to ntfs file system. There the filetimes are more accurate and the error does not happen.

I am sorry.

I find all the disk in my computer are ntfs file system.:)

So If there are some other reasons will cause the mt.exe problem.

ChristianEhrlicher
24th October 2007, 07:33
Sometimes (but very rarely) it can also happen there. You just have to retry. Do you have a virus scanner running in the background which maybe tries to scan the newly created lib?

See also msdn (http://search.msdn.microsoft.com/search/Default.aspx?query=mt.exe+c101008d&brand=msdn&locale=en-us&refinement=00&lang=en-us) for this issue.

DETconan
24th October 2007, 08:24
Sometimes (but very rarely) it can also happen there. You just have to retry. Do you have a virus scanner running in the background which maybe tries to scan the newly created lib?

See also msdn (http://search.msdn.microsoft.com/search/Default.aspx?query=mt.exe+c101008d&brand=msdn&locale=en-us&refinement=00&lang=en-us) for this issue.

It's succeed now. I just call "nmake" again after the error message occupied.

Then I find QtGUI4.dll is missing from ..\bin. But I find it in the folder ../lib.

Then I copy this dll file to ..\bin and run the QtDemo.............Wa....:) It's ok now.

Thanks a million.