PDA

View Full Version : Qt assistant under linux

jochen_r
9th January 2006, 06:25
Hi,

a Qt book told me that there is an assistant for the documentation, I just should call "assistant" from the command line. This doens't work, I've searched my whole hard drive and couldn't find any command "assistant". I've searched my installed packages, I believe that the assistant should be included in "qt3-devel-tools". This package is installed. Any idea how to call the assistant? (Suse Linux 10.0, KDE 3.5, in case it matters).

Thanks.

Jochen

yop
9th January 2006, 09:27
Alt+F2 -> /usr/lib/qt3/bin/assistant
Better add /usr/lib/qt3/bin in your PATH

jochen_r
9th January 2006, 13:35
Hi,

that is missing on my box... (I've double checked on another computer with Suse 9.3, that's fine). Strange why it is missing on Suse 10.0.

Anyone an idea which package might be missing? Or anyone running Suse 10.0 who can confirm the problem or knows the solution?

Regads,
Jochen

yop
9th January 2006, 14:48
Sorry I'm using custom built Qt 3.3.5 on Suse 9.1
I can only suggest to open Yast and search for the Qt packages

wysota
9th January 2006, 16:44
Hi,

that is missing on my box... (I've double checked on another computer with Suse 9.3, that's fine). Strange why it is missing on Suse 10.0.

Anyone an idea which package might be missing? Or anyone running Suse 10.0 who can confirm the problem or knows the solution?

The name may differ (it might be for example assistant-qt3). Try "locate assistant". If you have it installed it'll give you a path to it. If not, it means you don't have it and need to install an appropriate package.

Corran
9th January 2006, 18:38
On my SuSE 10.0 system I installed Qt 3 through YaST (assistant is provided by qt3-devel-tools) and the assistant is located at /usr/lib/qt3/bin/assistant for me.

axeljaeger
9th January 2006, 19:46
Can you give us a list of files in your $QTDIR/bin, e.g. enter

ls /usr/lib/qt3/bin

in a command prompt and post the output here.

jochen_r
10th January 2006, 04:42
designer
findtr
linguist
lrelease
lupdate
mergetr
moc
msg2qm
qconfig
qmts
qmake
qt20fix
qtconfig
qtrenamel40

AlexKiriukha
10th January 2006, 09:39
As I know SuSE is RPM-based distro.
So

$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/designer
should give you name of PRM package with Qt developer's tools (in my case it is qt-devel-3.3.5-11.0.fc3.kde)

Next step:

$ rpm -V qt-devel
If your file was somehow lost you'll get a message.

Alternate way is use

$ rpm -ql qt-devel | less
for list all files from package.