PDA

View Full Version : qwt won't compile

sarefo
29th October 2007, 14:43
hi, i'm trying to get a qt environment to work, and want to use qwt. i followed the INSTALL file, but when using nmake in the qwt-5.0.2 directory, it gives me an error:

qwt_resource.rc(5): fgatal error RC1015: cannot open include file 'winver.h'

could not find anything about this on the web.

using windows vista with visual c++ express 2005.

any help would be greatly appreciated :)

cheers

sarefo

jpn
29th October 2007, 16:23
Perhaps you'll need to install Platform SDK?

sarefo
30th October 2007, 12:36
hey, i guess that's it :) i had assumed that all this stuff comes with visual studio express. i'll try it out as soon as i have downloaded the 17 (!) .cab files that are only available as separate download :(

cheers!

sarefo

sarefo
30th October 2007, 15:10
nope, didn't work. i installed platform SDK on win2k, and did what i was told in Using Visual C++ 2005 Express with the Microsoft Platform SDK (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/express/aa700755.aspx), but it's still the same error. at last, winver.h is actually there, but i'm not so sure how to tell nmake to find it. to be sure, i ran 'nmake clean' before re-running nmake.

maybe somebody can hint me to a good forum about visual studio problems?

cheers

s.

jpn
30th October 2007, 17:20
Hmm, are you saying that winver.h is in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\Include (or similar) but it still can't compile? Double check that the include path was correctly set to Visual Studio options, and then try re-generating makefiles / VS project with qmake.