PDA

View Full Version : Linux Centos4 and opengl

ntp
2nd November 2007, 16:10
I am trying to run my application on my linux centos4 system. The moment I try to open two QGLWidgets, it crashes inside of opengl. I first used the standard opengl that is given through "yum" for centos4 (xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL v 6.8.2 Release: 1.EL.19) and then tried installing a new one from mesa3d.org (Mesa-6.5.1). I set my LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the new install libraries.

Interestingly, it doesn't crash when I run it through eclipse (I also set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the environment area there).

My app works from the command line on both Windows and Centos5.

Has anyone run into the same problem and found a fix?

wysota
22nd November 2007, 10:30
Does this happen for your application only? What about Qt OpenGL demos and external GL based apps?

ntp
26th November 2007, 17:48
Because none of the examples have two opengl windows, the examples do work. It really has something to do with the second opengl window since it will work if I limit it to one window. External apps work also. It is something with the older version of opengl and centos4.

wysota
26th November 2007, 18:04
Because none of the examples have two opengl windows, the examples do work.
Do you mean two top level windows or two widgets? There are examples with two widgets in one window and you can easily modify an example app to have multiple top level windows.

It really has something to do with the second opengl window since it will work if I limit it to one window. External apps work also. It is something with the older version of opengl and centos4.

Maybe your video driver is causing this? Have you tried running the application on some other machine (with different hardware)?

ntp
26th November 2007, 18:14
Do you mean two top level windows or two widgets? There are examples with two widgets in one window and you can easily modify an example app to have multiple top level windows.

I have a QMdiArea that has several QMdiSubWindows which contain QGLWidgets as their main widget (through setWidget). I probably could try and modify an example.

Maybe your video driver is causing this? Have you tried running the application on some other machine (with different hardware)?

We have tried the app on other Centos04 machines that are configured similarly but not identically and they all have the same problem.

I talked to someone at Qt and they hinted that opengl/centos4/qt may not be playing nicely together and that some versions of opengl do not work that well with linux.

The workaround is to use centos5 which is OK for now. I was curious if anyone else had encountered the problem and managed to solve it.