PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible.......???

drinu21
3rd November 2007, 22:32
Hi all,

I am going to make a project for my last year at college, this consist of an ADC that picks up sound and send the data to the serial port of the PC. Then through a software i need to display the spectrum of the data and also make an equalizer.

So my question is, is it possible to do the software for the project with Qt and Qdevelop. Can it handle well dsp?

Is it worth it to continue learning Qt??
I wish to use Qt because i find it really easy for GUI.

thanks,
Adrian

pherthyl
3rd November 2007, 22:44
Sure, Qt is fine. But it has nothing to do with DSP. You're going to have to find a C++ library that does it, or write the routines by hand, depending on how complex your task is.

drinu21
3rd November 2007, 22:53
10x pherthyl, sure the dsp part is going to be pure c++, so i can use QT for the GUI! :) also has any one made a QT project with a frequency spectrum?? i made a search but i didn't found anything.

jacek
3rd November 2007, 23:54
has any one made a QT project with a frequency spectrum??
Take a look at Qwt (qwt.sf.net). Even if you want to draw a spectrogram, it won't be a problem --- all you need is data, Qwt will handle the rest.

drinu21
4th November 2007, 08:39
thanks jacek.

i have downloaded and install Qwt and tried some of the examples given, but they won't build because the compiler is not finding the classes and headers file for them,
every time i try to install a new class downloaded from the internet, it never works :(
i know i am missing something really stupid...

can you please help and tell what you do when download a class to use it your projects!?

thanks adrian

jpn
4th November 2007, 09:04
To compile and link application against Qwt, you will have to pass a path where headers can be found and then actually link against the library. Put something like this into your .pro file:

INCLUDEPATH += /path/to/qwt/include
LIBS += -L/path/to/qwt/lib -lqwt