Thread: A problem of OOP

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default A problem of OOP

Hello to all. I have to design an animation of a robot that has the sensors (sonar and collision), an actuator position in the 2D plane, a body and a brain to determine movement strategies. In this project, what are the classes ? What is the base class ? The other classes that inherit what are they ?

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: A problem of OOP

In this project, what are the classes ?
    As Qt does not have a 'robot' library, you are going to have to write them yourself.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Yes, referring to my project, how can I set my search of the base classes etc ... ? I would like to take a course of action as in the example is in "Qt Examples and Demos" under "Graphics View" and then "Drag & Drop Robot". Of course I use QgraphicsObject, QGraphicsView, QGraphicsScene, QGraphicsItem. Having to adopt the OOP, how do I analyze my project ?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Requirements engineering or use case analysis. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Requirements_engineering, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use-case_analysis

This is not a programming question...
    If you have a problem, CUT and PASTE your code. Do not retype or simplify it. Give a COMPLETE and COMPILABLE example of your problem. Otherwise we are all guessing the problem from a fabrication where relevant details are often missing.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

thanks for the link amleto, where can I find a forum for this type of discussion ?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

I'm not familiar with any. I think articles will be of more use than forums.
    If you have a problem, CUT and PASTE your code. Do not retype or simplify it. Give a COMPLETE and COMPILABLE example of your problem. Otherwise we are all guessing the problem from a fabrication where relevant details are often missing.