Thread: Can I mix QWT builds with the QtSDK

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Can I mix QWT builds with the QtSDK

Hi,

I am hoping Uwe may be able to answer this one. I have already managed to download and install QWT 6 and see the designer in the Qt creator (Qt 4 libs and creator compiled with mingw) but I was wondering if it is possible to compile/build the designer part of QWT in MSVS for use in the Qt SDK creator? My understanding is that the SDK creator/designer are built with MSVS even though my projects are compiled with mingw (this I know to be true since it was the mingw SDK that I downloaded).

I am really new to Qt and C++ so please bear with me on what may be a silly question. My thinking here is that the Qt Creator designer plugins that are already present in the SDK must also have been compiled in MSVS (to show up in the creator) yet when I build a project using mingw any widgets etc that I have created in a ui form must be referring back to the mingw Qt libraries.

I know that I can just go down the all mingw route (aka Qt libs and creator) but for unstated reasons I like the SDK.

Cheers

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Can I mix QWT builds with the QtSDK

A designer plugin is only a bridge to connect the designer with the widgets from the library - it can't live without the library where the widgets are.
    So when you have a designer compiled with one compiler you need to have a Qwt library + the designer plugin compiled with the same compiler somewhere.

But of course you can have 2 different installations of Qwt - or even 4 for working around the debug/release problem. Windows ...

Uwe

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Can I mix QWT builds with the QtSDK

Cheers for that Uwe.
    I will stick to the mingw compiled versions I think. Much easier. Although I now have an interesting installation problem. I will post in a new thread.

Oz