Thread: QT 4.6.2 fails to build solaris 9

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default QT 4.6.2 fails to build solaris 9

Hi,

Has anyone been able to build QT 4.6.2 on solaris 9. The configure script fails for me. I just want to know whether anyone has built it, and what parmaters they passed to the configure script.

regards,

David

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: QT 4.6.2 fails to build solaris 9

Hi,
    Solaris 9 is not in the list of supported platforms for Qt 4.6.

But if you tell us where configure fails, we may be able to help

Ginsengelf

PS: maybe this helps: http://doc.trolltech.com/4.6/platfor...ris-9-or-later

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

My original problems were caused by using SUNWspro-9, which caused failure when running configure. However since upgrading to SUNWspro-11 I have got configure to complete. However during the build process I get the following errors :-

"access/qnetworkaccesshttpbackend.cpp", line 596: Error: Overloading ambiguity between "operator==<QNetworkAccessCachedHttpConnection>(co nst QPointer<QNetworkAccessCachedHttpConnection>&, QNetworkAccessCachedHttpConnection*)" and "operator==<QNetworkAccessCachedHttpConnection>(co nst QPointer<QNetworkAccessCachedHttpConnection>&, const QNetworkAccessCachedHttpConnection*)".
    1 Error(s) detected.
    make[1]: *** [.obj/release-shared/qnetworkaccesshttpbackend.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/davidg/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.1/src/network'
    make: *** [sub-network-make_default-ordered] Error 2

BTW - I forgot, after changing to SUNWspro-11 I went back to building 4.6.1, because this is what I'm currently using on my windows and linux systems - I could try 6.4.2 as well (Oops), but am wondering whether this error may not be fixed in that anyway.

My configure line is:

./configure -prefix /home/davidg/qt/shared/qt-4.6.1/ -release -shared -fast -platform solaris-cc -no-freetype -no-fontconfig -no-glib -no-opengl -no-xrender -confirm-license

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Hi,

I've now upgraded to SUNWspro-12, which gets me a lot further building QT 4.6.1 on Solaris 9, although i'm now getting the following errors.

"../3rdparty/javascriptcore/JavaScriptCore/runtime/JSValue.cpp", line 46: Error: The function "trunc" must have a prototype.
    "../3rdparty/javascriptcore/JavaScriptCore/runtime/JSValue.cpp", line 53: Error: The function "trunc" must have a prototype.
    "../3rdparty/javascriptcore/JavaScriptCore/runtime/JSValue.cpp", line 149: Error: The function "trunc" must have a prototype.
    "../3rdparty/javascriptcore/JavaScriptCore/runtime/JSValue.cpp", line 169: Error: The function "trunc" must have a prototype.

I've wondering whether I can just not build this part of QT, since i'm not using any java script in my application. Although i can't see how to do this to configure.

Any help would be good.

cheers,

David