Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Question Marshaling classes with QtDBus

Hi, this is my first post here.
    Sorry if my english is too bad.

I've write an xml interface for DBus, and it working perfectly when I use a primitive type or a Qt predefined signature (some as "as" or "s").

Because I want to use some object not defined by Qt4 I've implemented a new class, I've register it with Q_DECLARE_METATYPE, qRegisterMetaType and qDBusRegisterMetaType, so I've overloaded the operator << and >> for QDBusArgument and my type.
    I've change the signature in the xml and I've insert an annotation (for qdbusxml2cpp) like this:

Qt Code:
    1. <annotation name="com.trolltech.QtDBus.QtTypeName.Out0"
    2. value="DBusReturn"/>
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

DBusReturn is my object

So, if I execute qdbusviewer and call the function I have an error message saying that the function don't exist.

I've think that this is a problem of qdbusviewer, that don't manage the strange signature, so I have change this one with a signature recognized from the Qts.
    So, qdbusviewer work, but the result is empty. So I've write some qDebug in the << and >> operators and in the callback function, but that don't write anything.

I've try the code called in the adaptor in another place, and all work.

I've Qt 4.3.2. If you want to see some code it isn't a problem (the project is under GPL2 but the code of the last 2 days isn't online becouse don't working).

Thanks

EDIT:

Sorry, double thread!
    Last edited by Yota_VGA; 21st November 2007 at 01:46. Reason: Double threading