Thread: does there exists any sofware to manipulate/view signals/slots in graphical view?

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default does there exists any sofware to manipulate/view signals/slots in graphical view?

does there exists any sofware to manipulate/view signals/slots in graphical view?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: does there exists any sofware to manipulate/view signals/slots in graphical view?

Define "manipulate". Qt Designer has a connection editor.

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: does there exists any sofware to manipulate/view signals/slots in graphical view?

Quote Originally Posted by wysota View Post
    Define "manipulate". Qt Designer has a connection editor.
    but using Designer-qt4 signal/slots editor I can't connect signals to slots outside .ui object, for example I can't even add custom function(slot) to button clicked() signal, I only can add default slots from other widgets.
    And it would be very nice to edit signal/slots in graphical view(not by hand code) to all Qt objects(for example QThread, etc), not only .ui objects.
    Last edited by saugumas; 21st November 2007 at 20:25.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Designer operates on forms. The rest is pure hand written code. Designer has no knowledge of it, so it won't allow any "graphical" way of connecting signals and slots that were not even defined yet.

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Quote Originally Posted by wysota View Post
    Designer operates on forms. The rest is pure hand written code. Designer has no knowledge of it, so it won't allow any "graphical" way of connecting signals and slots that were not even defined yet.
    Ok, understood, it would be not as simple to do that as I expected, I confused objects with classes.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

I guess one could make a tool that would scan class headers to look for signals and slots and then allow generating code for connecting them. But it's a tricky thing and would be prone to errors. It's much simpler to use the auto-connect feature to connect signals and slots according to object names.