Hi,
I'm developing an application that uses "QextSerialPort".
I have implemented the RTU Modbus protocol.

What I do is like:
-Start a timer(interval 500ms) that when the SLOT is called, send a request to a Modbus Slave, start another timer to wait for a response

-When the second timer triggers I read from Serial Port. Here always is there data because this timer is long enough. I don't really know why setting the time-out of the RS-232 i.e. 50 milliseconds and then calling directly "read" from it don't get me data(it has no data yet).

-Then I package the data(char*) to a "CModbusResponse" and I emit this response throught a signal because this is the RTU Transport Layer and RTUModbusMaster will be the reciver of the response to do something with the response.

Also I have 2 threads that capture images and process images. The timers are started by the main thread.

If I execute the program without debuggin it, it seems to not work properly: it sends the requests but the second timer that will call the slot to read from RS-232 is not working(or it seems to not).

If I insert debug points, It seems to work well. I'm sure that is working because I'm a Modbus MASTER that sends requsests to a Modbus SLAVE that have some LEDs showing the Digital Outs status(those are what I'm changing with the Modbus request).

I know that is a bit complicated what I'm explaining but your help will be wellcome.

I'm using Qt 4.3.0, QextSerialPort, Visual Studio 2003 .NET, Windows XP SP2

Thanks,