Thread: USB for Qt Application

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default USB for Qt Application

Hi every one. I am using Qt to develop my application. I need to communicate with a remote system and acquire data on USB cable. I found QExtserialport but there is nothing about USB in it. Is it possible to use USB communication in my application. I searched a lot on internet about USB with Qt but din find any.

Thank You

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: USB for Qt Application

No support for that in Qt. Depending the platform used, you can either use a library or directly the OS API.
    On Win you can dig in the win ddk, or use http://libusb-win32.sourceforge.net/.
    libusb is available for linux too.

3. The following user says thank you to marcel for this useful post:

soulless (4th July 2010)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Exclamation Re: USB for Qt Application

Hi marcel thankx a lot for the reply. It helped me. I downloaded the libusb-0.1.12.tar.gz file. Hey can you please tell me how i should use this library in the application i am going to make. How do i connect this to my Application. !! This is the first time i am doing something like this so i don't have any idea on how to use it. I am using Window's Xp ,Qt4.3.3 with VS2005.net

Thank You

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Hey i am sorry .i downloaded LibUSB-Win32 file now. The previous one libusb-0.1.12.tar.gz which i did was for Linux i realized it only later.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Have you had any chance to use the libusb-win32? I have downloaded it and would also like to use it for a simple HID application. Please advise if you had any success with it so far. I am running Windows Vista Business (32bit) with QT4.5.0 with QtCreator 1.0.0.
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60

hi friends
    I am developing qt application for usb Relay board through qt application only i need to control all the 8 relay, but the problem is i am understanding how to approach it. if you guys have any idea regarding these please let me know, and send example application as per these requirment concern.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

Here are some ideas:
    • Determine how your relays are accessed by reading the documentation that comes with them or their controller board.
    • Choose a library or programming interface to access them (if one is not provided with the devices). This will involve some research on your part but this thread already contains viable methods.
    • Write your code

This is not a Qt problem, there is no Qt support for accessing USB devices, and you are very unlikely to have someone write your code for you (even with a less vague specification). If you come across a Qt related question while doing this feel free to come back, but please refrain from resurrecting four-year-old threads to post vague "me too" questions.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60

Thanx Chris...... I have idea about how am going to access...... From thsi forum i got USB Example application...... Now am trying with that application to connect my relay board..... i have given the exact VID & PID but still its not detecting the board..... Now i need clarification regarding this.... Hope you can do..... ...